Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I feel so bad for other HD riders not on a 114 fatbob.. :)p

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 12:07 AM
Dread
Cruiser
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by - Elliott
Dread, do you have mirror extensions? If so, where do I buy some? These mirrors are useless right now.
Hey dude... I swapped the stock mirrors out with HD Buckshot mirrors as soon as I picked the bike up at the dealer. I realy liked the subtle industrial look of the Buckshots and thought they realy fit the look of the bike. ...no more staring at my shoulders.

Here is a link to the HD site...

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...-14-9241608--1

Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
wachuko (09-12-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 12:34 AM
Dread
Cruiser
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rquest
Wow, I absolutely LOVE that 2018 Fat Bob 114 in Industrial Gray Denim paint and I have a friend who just got a 114 BO and can't stop talking about it! But I just don't/can't drive my bikes enough to justify $25k? Maybe if I were younger and just rode more but I live in LA and just bought a new Cadi SRX for cruising long distance's and it has something called air cond and leather seats, LOL. I'll save my bikes for fiddling on and weekend warrior-ing.
Haha totally hear you there regarding the Cadi... nice ride btw!

Totally loving the FB, but previous bike was a 2017 BO which was also an awesome bike, so I can totally understand why your friend can't stop talking about it, esp with the 114 =)

Can't wait to see what people start doing to these 114 bikes performance wise...

Old 09-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

why would anyone feel bad for someone else riding what they do. it's just a motorcycle. not all people get to ride any of them. So just enjoy what you have

The following 2 users liked this post by Freak Show:
- Elliott (09-12-2017), wachuko (09-12-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 11:10 AM
- Elliott
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
why would anyone feel bad for someone else riding what they do. it's just a motorcycle. not all people get to ride any of them. So just enjoy what you have

That's very true brother. I was just joking around, there's so many awsome bikes out, its a good time for riders for taste and styles. I just needed a good name for the thread. Lol.

On a side note, I'm thinking of trading the bob for a heritage. I figured by the time I'm done with a sissy bar, back pad, windshield, bags, and mirror extensions I'd by $2,500 in to the bob. Apperantly I was really wanting a semi touring bike! The fat Bob was and is just so freaking fun to ride! Not having bags and windshield really bother me though and I'm not liking the bob exhaust.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:22 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

That's very true brother. I was just joking around, there's so many awsome bikes out, its a good time for riders for taste and styles. I just needed a good name for the thread. Lol.

On a side note, I'm thinking of trading the bob for a heritage. I figured by the time I'm done with a sissy bar, back pad, windshield, bags, and mirror extensions I'd by $2,500 in to the bob. Apperantly I was really wanting a semi touring bike! The fat Bob was and is just so freaking fun to ride! Not having bags and windshield really bother me though and I'm not liking the bob exhaust.
I love my Heritage and it's perfect for me, but you should really test ride one before you make that trade... you might miss what grabbed you about the bob.
All the things you want can be addressed really. $2,500 for the RIGHT bike for you is not crazy $$$ down the road. The Heritage is heavier, less lean angle, and geared taller which effects low end a bit. It's great, but not the same road weapon the bob is...

Otherwise, hell yeah the Heritage is awesome!

The following users liked this post:
Dread (09-13-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 12:03 PM
- Elliott
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Well heritage is out..im going to test ride a road king and a road king special. I might just keep the BOB

Old 09-12-2017, 12:16 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Well heritage is out..im going to test ride a road king and a road king special. I might just keep the BOB
That was quick! Hah! Test 'em all. You can always drop a tooth on the Heritage. Maybe you won't mind the difference. For comparison I'm st 2750 RPM at 80 MPH. Nice for distance, and plenty of pep around town. Even geared tall that 114 is s beast....I am curious about the StageII torque cam though...

Old 09-12-2017, 11:06 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I feel so bad for other HD riders.....

The new Fatbob looks like it's trying to be a Japanese sport bike to me. & with that vtwin engine, M8 or not, a severely under-powered sport bike.

And you paid $25k???

Last edited by schlacker; 09-12-2017 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:16 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by schlacker
The new Fatbob looks like it's trying to be a Japanese sport bike to me. & with that vtwin engine, M8 or not, a severely under-powered sport bike.

And you paid $25k???
The butt hurt is real!!!

Old 09-13-2017, 02:58 AM
HogzBreath
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by schlacker

And you paid $25k???
What he said!

Quick Reply: I feel so bad for other HD riders not on a 114 fatbob.. :)p