Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   Some info for you 18 model 114 owners (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/1197668-some-info-for-you-18-model-114-owners.html)

martin10 09-10-2017 11:19 AM

Some info for you 18 model 114 owners

Since the 114 comes with the Ventilator air cleaner, it seemed logical to me that it already had Stage 1 type fuel mapping. My service manager agreed to call Harley and ask the engineers. He was told that with the 114's you can add the street cannon mufflers without any ecm recalibration. Not true for the other models.

adm 09-10-2017 12:39 PM

Cool. I'll order a set of street cannons. Was on the fence as I have a PowerVision tuner and didn't want to buy the Harley street tuner.

So that's basically a poor man's Stage 1 :-) I'll probably also swap the stock filter element for a K&N equivalent.

scottt 09-10-2017 12:53 PM

Martin; really appreciate your efforts. That's great knowing. One of the first things I noticed was the ventilator air cleaner on the 114. Very nice set-up, the A/C alone would cost $299. The 114 option is a bargain.

jam436 09-10-2017 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by adm (Post 16622447)
Cool. I'll order a set of street cannons. Was on the fence as I have a PowerVision tuner and didn't want to buy the Harley street tuner.

So that's basically a poor man's Stage 1 :-) I'll probably also swap the stock filter element for a K&N equivalent.

There's a thread over on the M8 forum claiming that even adding Street cannons, dealers may make you buy a SEPT or else risk voiding your warranty.
"..You cant even put on the screaming eagle street cannon mufflers without the addition of the Pro Street Tuner and a rejet to bring it back to spec. Bring in the bike with street cannons and no re-tune, warranty is gone..."
I have no idea if this is true or not...

martin10 09-10-2017 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by jam436 (Post 16622543)
There's a thread over on the M8 forum claiming that even adding Street cannons, dealers may make you buy a SEPT or else risk voiding your warranty.
"..You cant even put on the screaming eagle street cannon mufflers without the addition of the Pro Street Tuner and a rejet to bring it back to spec. Bring in the bike with street cannons and no re-tune, warranty is gone..."
I have no idea if this is true or not...

Thats exactly why I got the service manager to call Harley. The fact it already had a high flow air cleaner lead me to believe it already had the Stage1 or similar mapping. Their response would indicate thats true.

jam436 09-10-2017 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by martin10 (Post 16623094)
Thats exactly why I got the service manager to call Harley. The fact it already had a high flow air cleaner lead me to believe it already had the Stage1 or similar mapping. Their response would indicate thats true.

So that would be for the 114's, but not necessarily the 107 M8's then?
I could see how since Harley got sued by the EPA over their tuners last year, they may be more likely to crack down on EPA compliance.

SgtThump 09-10-2017 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by martin10 (Post 16622185)
Since the 114 comes with the Ventilator air cleaner, it seemed logical to me that it already had Stage 1 type fuel mapping. My service manager agreed to call Harley and ask the engineers. He was told that with the 114's you can add the street cannon mufflers without any ecm recalibration. Not true for the other models.

Great info! Thanks for sharing!

Thingfish 09-10-2017 06:24 PM

I want this to be true...just to try to keep the knowledge pile together..here's a thread from the M8 forum saying it doesn't have the stage 1 loaded...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...r-cleaner.html

- Elliott 09-10-2017 06:42 PM

I paid 2500 for my warrenty if they cancel it I better get my money back.

Zakk13 09-10-2017 06:56 PM

You can also install street cannons on the 107 as well without a tune unless you change the air cleaner on the 107 then you'll need a tune.