2018+ Softail Models Breakout

ADM's 2018 114" Fat Bob thread.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 11:31 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,219 Likes on 1,264 Posts

That's at least four of us...

In researching what's out there, I think the Road Rage that ADM got probably comes closest. The Two Brothers and other such pipes route the head pipes very differently, but the Road Rage wraps the head pipes down and around the timer cover in a similar way to how the stock pipes go. The big difference after that is, of course, that the stock exhaust is a 2-1-2, whereas the Bassani, D&D, V&H and others are all 2-1. I haven't found any 2-1-2 aftermarket performance exhaust systems yet. I will say, the Bassani is growing on me; if I were able to coat the exhaust so it had similar coloration to the stock and if the muffler heat shield could be attached, at that point it's really a case of a two-muffler aesthetic vs. 20 additional ft/lbs...

The following users liked this post:
TomBe (10-30-2022)
Old 09-09-2018, 01:18 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

Count me in, that's 5 then

The following users liked this post:
TomBe (10-30-2022)
Old 10-15-2018, 05:26 AM
Miguel.oliv
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning Adm. I have a Fat Bob 114 that was fitted from new with the Vance Hines High Output slip-ons and the Fp3 fuelpak, I am now waiting for the first servive to install the torque Cam, and after reading all thread, I am interested in cutting the cat. My main question regardind the cat is noise, is it a great difference with and without?
Regarding the air filter, is it worth the heavy breather with this mod?
Thank you and all the others that posted in this great thread
nice and safe rides
Miguel Oliveira

Old 10-15-2018, 03:26 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,459 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by Miguel.oliv
Good morning Adm. I have a Fat Bob 114 that was fitted from new with the Vance Hines High Output slip-ons and the Fp3 fuelpak, I am now waiting for the first servive to install the torque Cam, and after reading all thread, I am interested in cutting the cat. My main question regardind the cat is noise, is it a great difference with and without?
Regarding the air filter, is it worth the heavy breather with this mod?
Thank you and all the others that posted in this great thread
nice and safe rides
Miguel Oliveira
Hey Miguel,

Yes - removing the cats makes it louder. And it sounds good as well.

As for the Heavy Breather, if you aren't going to get the bike tuned by somebody that really knows HDs, then it's probably not worth it. However, it will give a few more HP in the hands of a competent tuner.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:03 PM
AIR_RAM
Advanced
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats on your new bike!!! It looks sharp!

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 10-16-2018, 10:57 AM
Miguel.oliv
4th Gear
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by adm
Hey Miguel,

Yes - removing the cats makes it louder. And it sounds good as well.

As for the Heavy Breather, if you aren't going to get the bike tuned by somebody that really knows HDs, then it's probably not worth it. However, it will give a few more HP in the hands of a competent tuner.
Thank you

Old 01-10-2019, 01:01 PM
Alan Green
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Some great info here, thanks to all, particularly ADM. I was out riding my restored CBX (pictured here), and just happened to call into Shaws Harley. At the time my main ride was a Kwak Versys 1000 (yes I know) which I used to tour with the lads around Europe every year. Anyway saw the new Fat Bob, instantly fell madly in love, but Shaws wouldn't do the deal I wanted, so ordered a Rawhide Denim 114 from West Coast Harley (Glasgow), who delivered the bike to Seaford (South Coast UK) where I live. 400 miles on I am now absolutely smitten. Have already fitted sissy bar and rack from Motea, and have V&H slip ons (purchased from another owner who went full Stage 2) ready to fit. Sundowner seat is on order, plus I will fit heated grips, plus foglights - and I like the Blackmill license plate holder too. Now to the touring bit - need a screen. I like Phil Birch's screen, and also saw this fairing (below) on Dougz Customs in US. Undecided at the moment... any thoughts

Last edited by Alan Green; 01-10-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:01 AM
Alan Green
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This fairing / screen is the best I've seen yet. Dougz customs are putting these into production in the next few weeks.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:53 AM
PIGASUS1
Intermediate

Saw that JD Customs is making an FXDXT style fairing that will accommodate the rectangular fairing...it looked good on the bike they used on their website.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:04 PM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by PIGASUS1
Saw that JD Customs is making an FXDXT style fairing that will accommodate the rectangular fairing...it looked good on the bike they used on their website.
Do you have a link to the site where you saw that fairing, I just browsed the site from JD Customs but didn't find it.

Quick Reply: ADM's 2018 114" Fat Bob thread.....