2018+ Softail Models Breakout

ADM's 2018 114" Fat Bob thread.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 04:42 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by adm
Right now, I am browsing Thunderbike and Kellerman turn signals. I absolutely hate HD's bullet/teardrop stock turn signals. Might go for some of the tiny Thunderbike LED "stripe" turn signals for the front to clean it up a bit. And maybe some small Kellerman LED run/brake/turn signals for the rear.

But if I do go for teeny tiny LEDs I think I'd also like an LED run/brake strip light under the rear fender. LEDs are super bright, but I do like to be seen and don't think you can put too many lumens into your bike lights.
I'd never seen these before but i saw them mentioned in one of the other guys threads...

http://www.heinz-bikes.de/shop/page99/page-19/

Old 10-18-2017, 04:52 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Thanks for that Gordon. i have never seen those before either. The fronts look very similar to the Thunderbike ones.

And the 3 in 1 rears look awesome:

http://heinzbikes.de/my_gambio/produ...tfunktion.html

Love those and they have just made the top spot on my list. Could be exactly what I am looking for!

Old 10-18-2017, 05:49 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior

The LED chips used in the Heinz looked bigger than Thunder's, that may suggest a higher lumen output and maybe a better angle of view, but that would depend on the chips they are using?? don't know. The overall unit still looks really neat tho.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:30 PM
david.howard.05@gmail.com
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Love a full garage. Still miss my 72 though...congrats on the bob.
Thanks brother! The other bikes all belong to my roommates. I miss the 72 a little, but this Fat Bob does everything better, literally everything. I like that 09 you have. Very old school.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:34 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

I put some hightechspeed x-arc signals on my fat bob.. you can see here. I've since relocated the license plate down to the axle:

Old 10-19-2017, 12:40 AM
Gee
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by david.howard.05@gmail.com
Thanks brother! The other bikes all belong to my roommates. I miss the 72 a little, but this Fat Bob does everything better, literally everything. I like that 09 you have. Very old school.

Okay now is where he tell us his roommates are bikini models.....

We can handle the truth. Send pictures of the girls on their bikes. okay?.

ADM. I like the mirrors on the bike. Your making it your own! I haven't seen many that have an adjustment down at the bottom. I searched high and low a few years back for ones with that option because the bars I had I couldn't get the mirror adjusted enough to see behind me. Those would have done the trick right there.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:52 AM
Gee
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Gee
Double thanks for that tip. I has the Kuryakyn grips that had the assist at one time and liked them. Didn't know Avon had one also. Going to get one ordered in now.

I searched Avon but couldn't find the boss for the Avon Memory Foam Grips. They have a throttle assist strap on but if you new my wife that would stay on for long. I may have to switch to the Avon Air Cushion in order to get the boss with it, but I really like the memory foam ones..... I would like to now replace my "Double thanks for the tip" with "Damn you for bring it up!"

I better leave now before I create three post in a row........

Old 10-19-2017, 02:22 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Originally Posted by Gee
I searched Avon but couldn't find the boss for the Avon Memory Foam Grips. They have a throttle assist strap on but if you new my wife that would stay on for long. I may have to switch to the Avon Air Cushion in order to get the boss with it, but I really like the memory foam ones..... I would like to now replace my "Double thanks for the tip" with "Damn you for bring it up!"

I better leave now before I create three post in a row........
eBay is your friend!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avon-Grips-...NSrU9d&vxp=mtr

Old 10-19-2017, 02:41 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

I had the kellerman LED S.T.T lights on my dyna, they are a great product & super bright.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:34 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by adm
Ah, now, there is another one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avon-CBR-8...YAAOSw0bxZuuo7

It's the one off the custom contour grips abut is listed separately on their website in the grip accessories section

Quick Reply: ADM's 2018 114" Fat Bob thread.....