Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Stage II is perfect for me

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 02:42 AM
DanBO18
Tourer
Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts

OK you asked for the video with lousy sound so here it is. You can’t here the low throaty idle sound at all. Some have said the idle lope is improved by adjusting idle down to 900rpm from 950. I just downloaded the app and am going through the online training to learn how to try that. Anyway, here’s the video recorded on an iPhone 6.

Attached Files
Old 10-22-2017, 04:19 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
Torque kit laid out to install this Monday...
Now if my Bassani pipe would just come in..
Everything in the picture is what you need..

Screamin' Eagle Torque Cam kit...<br/>
Cool. Did the SE Cam kit come with the new full complement bearing or did you order that separately?

I'm going to get my cam kit done by HD when I get around to it. Purely because the will void the powertrain warranty if I do it myself. But on the parts they quoted me for the install, there's no separate bearing mentioned....

I presume that the OEM cam bearings are the non-full complement type they used on the Twin Cam, so a new bearing is a must.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:33 AM
Toner123
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by adm
Cool. Did the SE Cam kit come with the new full complement bearing or did you order that separately?

I'm going to get my cam kit done by HD when I get around to it. Purely because the will void the powertrain warranty if I do it myself. But on the parts they quoted me for the install, there's no separate bearing mentioned....

I presume that the OEM cam bearings are the non-full complement type they used on the Twin Cam, so a new bearing is a must.
I don't understand how the warranty is voided if you install it. If this is true, Harley is starting to **** me off. Now I understand if I messed up the install and it caused damage.
Considering how much tq these 2018 bikes make, I though I would see more people going with the power cam.

Would anyone be able to give me some knowledge regarding this?

Old 10-22-2017, 10:49 AM
DanBO18
Tourer

Originally Posted by Toner123
I don't understand how the warranty is voided if you install it. If this is true, Harley is starting to **** me off. Now I understand if I messed up the install and it caused damage.
Considering how much tq these 2018 bikes make, I though I would see more people going with the power cam.

Would anyone be able to give me some knowledge regarding this?
For me, I don’t often ride in the high rpm range. I considered what would do the most good in the 2500-4500 range I normally ride in. It wasn’t so much of a torque vs. hp question. And I wasn’t looking for huge gains like more cubic inches would provide. Just wanted my 114 to be noticeably better running and sounding than stock while preserving the warranty. Mission accomplished.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:15 AM
bbissell
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 89 Posts

That sounds good! That video is going to cost me some money 😂

Old 10-22-2017, 11:30 AM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Congrats on the kit!

Old 10-22-2017, 11:56 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Great video. You can deffinately hear the lope and even missing the low frequencies from the mic I can tell it's nice and chunky. Those pipes will break in too

I appreciate you adding details about the low end. Sounds good to me. After the other thread I'm just happy to hear you didn't notice it being lesser in that range. I'm sure you're right, with the combined stage 1 and 2 improvements you've got a nice lift across the board.

I think you're going to cause a run on Stage 2 orders at the dealer.

Old 10-22-2017, 03:05 PM
DanBO18
Tourer

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Great video. You can deffinately hear the lope and even missing the low frequencies from the mic I can tell it's nice and chunky. Those pipes will break in too

I appreciate you adding details about the low end. Sounds good to me. After the other thread I'm just happy to hear you didn't notice it being lesser in that range. I'm sure you're right, with the combined stage 1 and 2 improvements you've got a nice lift across the board.

I think you're going to cause a run on Stage 2 orders at the dealer.
I just got back from a ride this AM. I focused some time on 2K rpm. As mentioned, I usually avoided 2K outside of 1st gear in order to avoid lugging, which I think of as generally happening below 2K in higher gears. But this AM I started out at 2K in higher gears and hammered it. To my buttomometer, it pulls harder away from 2K than it used to. I might be influenced by the Street Cannons firing loudly, but it doesn’t lug. The rpms jump up quickly. Definitely no degradation.

I’m very happy with it and I think the MoCo did a great job in engineering an EPA-friendly solution that sounds and runs so great. I don’t feel like it’s a compromise. It’s just what I wanted.

The following 2 users liked this post by DanBO18:
Dread (10-23-2017), Thingfish (10-22-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 03:16 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

That's awesome news! Thanks!

Old 10-23-2017, 03:31 AM
Dread
Cruiser
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DanBO18
OK you asked for the video with lousy sound so here it is. You can’t here the low throaty idle sound at all. Some have said the idle lope is improved by adjusting idle down to 900rpm from 950. I just downloaded the app and am going through the online training to learn how to try that. Anyway, here’s the video recorded on an iPhone 6.
Oh man that still sounds great! Thingfish just pointed me in the direction of your thread because I mentioned in another post that I dropped my Fat Bob off at the HD dealer today to get the stage II installed (SE torque cam, SE intake backplate and K&N for the stock ventilator, and SE Street Cannons). From what you are saying, it sounds like money well spent... as Thingfish said earlier, this thread is going to cause a run on stage II orders at the dealer.

Thanks for posting this, and enjoy the awesome new sound and power of your bike... Cheers!

Quick Reply: SE Stage II is perfect for me