Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw the Sport Glide yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 03:00 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

I will see one this week in person. Harley has a 5" wind shield option for the faring now. From only looking at pics I bet a 7" recurved shield would do a nice job and I bet the after market will have one soon. I'm not real happy with the 3 color choices, the dark red one has a tint of brown in it, bugs me. my son calls is a brown bike, but to me it's still more red. I'm cautiously looking forward to seeing it.

The following users liked this post:
Maccam26 (06-15-2018)
Old 11-19-2017, 03:48 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

I saw one yesterday at the dealer. Nicer looking than I thought, was not crazy about how the bags open and close, and unless I saw it incorrectly (which I may have), it looks like virtually anyone could walk up and pull the fairing off in moments (convenience aspect), then just walk off with it (bummer aspect)...

Old 11-19-2017, 04:08 PM
J_MOSH
Road Warrior
Received 935 Likes on 500 Posts

Saw one last week for a few minutes as I ran threw a dealership to grab a shirt before getting on the road to head home from a trip. Didn't get to check it out to in depth but my impression wasn't bad. Kinda fits nice in that slot between full blown bagger and the smaller bikes. Bags seemed pretty dinky but I'm sure that's what they were going for and I'm sure it will pull a few guys in. Not a bad looking bike really.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:11 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,343 Likes on 1,549 Posts

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
it looks like virtually anyone could walk up and pull the fairing off in moments (convenience aspect), then just walk off with it (bummer aspect)...
You can pretty much do that with any quick connect now. Windshield, sissy bar, even TourPak if you just jerk the wires.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:36 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by TSheff
You can pretty much do that with any quick connect now. Windshield, sissy bar, even TourPak if you just jerk the wires.
Yup, even easier on a RK windshield....no clamp to undo...just pull it off.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:18 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Easily one of the best looking new bikes. After seeing the moco go all dr. frankenstein creating abortions out of the street bob and low rider, this is a pleasant sight to see. The inverted forks are a nice touch, the bags help distract the eyes from the crappy looking swingarm and the tank seems to flow better on this bike better than it does the low rider. My guess is they are both the same and the dark color helps to hide the metric look better. Would have been nice to see dual mounted brembo's to complete the package. Not much if anything can help the poor street bob, that thing screams cheap, low rent, entry level, over priced junk.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:23 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by TSheff
You are right, on my 14 King takes about 5 seconds to pop off the windshield. I don't see that as a bad thing.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:31 PM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainKirk
I saw some pics online somewhere with taller windshields. Maybe a road test or something.
One of the photos on the H-D website shows different sized screens.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:51 PM
braveryd
Novice
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I was able to test ride a black Sport Glide yesterday and here are my notes.
  1. The forwards didn't feel as bad as I was expecting. Probably would still change to mid pegs or floorboards
  2. That inverted front fork does a good job of soaking up really bad bumps
  3. Adjustment **** for rear was super convenient
  4. Single front brake still adequate though after trying the Fat Bob, I wish it would have it.
  5. The saddlebags are really cool and well design but they're small (can't fit a full face helmet in there) and a little flimsy/wobbly. Think Givi case level of plastic thickness.
  6. I was only able to do side streets and it seems as though the fairing didn't do much. I got it up to 55mph.
  7. Bars felt low at first but once I was hitting turns and cruising it felt perfect for me.
  8. The 18 inch front wheel made is easy to turn in and it wanted to stay there. I didn't have to hold it as much as the Fat Bob.
  9. 107 felt great though I think they'd sell A LOT more if it had the 114. $18.6k feels on the cusp of "am I getting my money's worth?"
  10. Harley makes it super easy to ride over to dealer and just test drive. I was fortunate that my dealer was not hyper aggressive with the sales pitches.

The following users liked this post:
Twinrider (11-20-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 09:17 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 492 Likes on 343 Posts

I saw one too. Didn't ride it.
They look ok. Not crazy about the little mini Memphis shades fairing. Looks allot
like one Same exact shape.
The newer market they're after might go for it

Originally Posted by braveryd
I was able to test ride a black Sport Glide yesterday and here are my notes.
  1. The forwards didn't feel as bad as I was expecting. Probably would still change to mid pegs or floorboards
  2. That inverted front fork does a good job of soaking up really bad bumps
  3. Adjustment **** for rear was super convenient
  4. Single front brake still adequate though after trying the Fat Bob, I wish it would have it.
  5. The saddlebags are really cool and well design but they're small (can't fit a full face helmet in there) and a little flimsy/wobbly. Think Givi case level of plastic thickness.
  6. I was only able to do side streets and it seems as though the fairing didn't do much. I got it up to 55mph.
  7. Bars felt low at first but once I was hitting turns and cruising it felt perfect for me.
  8. The 18 inch front wheel made is easy to turn in and it wanted to stay there. I didn't have to hold it as much as the Fat Bob.
  9. 107 felt great though I think they'd sell A LOT more if it had the 114. $18.6k feels on the cusp of "am I getting my money's worth?"
  10. Harley makes it super easy to ride over to dealer and just test drive. I was fortunate that my dealer was not hyper aggressive with the sales pitches.

Quick Reply: Saw the Sport Glide yesterday