Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shotgun shock discount

Old 12-12-2017, 03:16 PM
fat daddy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Shotgun shock discount

My wife just bought me a shotgun shock and JD gave us a $300.00 discount for the hd forum/Christmas discount.

The following users liked this post:
Irego (12-13-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 03:43 PM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

great deal they worth every penny

Old 12-13-2017, 01:08 AM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

You will not be disappointed. Great people right there.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:50 AM
LuckyNLife
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I ordered mine on Cyber-Monday. It was delivered last Saturday and I plan on installing it this Saturday. Looking forward to it!

Last edited by LuckyNLife; 12-13-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:23 PM
fat daddy
Road Master

Let us know how the install went.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:52 PM
hans4811
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed mine last weekend on my 03 Fatboy.

Couple of things that bit me...watch where you put your relay. I tucked mine behind my upper swingarm and when I lowered it, it crushed the relay.

Also, before you bolt up the shock, make sure you move your airlines out of the way, as you won't be sure where you're gonna route em at this point. I pinched my front one and had to unbolt the front bolts to get it out. Didn't hurt the line, but a moment of panic there!

Was a fairly straightforward install, just take your time. Love em though !

Old 12-13-2017, 02:06 PM
fat daddy
Road Master

Originally Posted by hans4811
Just installed mine last weekend on my 03 Fatboy.

Couple of things that bit me...watch where you put your relay. I tucked mine behind my upper swingarm and when I lowered it, it crushed the relay.

Also, before you bolt up the shock, make sure you move your airlines out of the way, as you won't be sure where you're gonna route em at this point. I pinched my front one and had to unbolt the front bolts to get it out. Didn't hurt the line, but a moment of panic there!

Was a fairly straightforward install, just take your time. Love em though !
So how do you like them?

Old 12-14-2017, 01:14 AM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

I test rode an Ultra Limited with the wife once so she could get a feel for the back seat. However, while the seat for her was comfy, the suspension was not as good as the shotguns on my Breakout. I didn't like the ride of it at all. Maybe I'm just used to the forward controls and sitting "in" the bike but, as far as suspension went, I prefer the shotguns over the Ultra.

Since then, I've modified my Breakout to be able to do light touring 2-up. Beats the hell outta buying another bike just for travel. I do plan on getting a Heritage or Road Glide down the road at some point. Only then will the Breakout become a pure solo / bar hopper.

Needless to say, I LOVE my shotguns. The ride really is amazing on a Softail.

Old 12-14-2017, 03:17 AM
nzhd
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

My shock should be installed by Xmas. It's part of a full rebuild.
Great service, my free t shirt "went missing" from the shop that ordered the shock And sent it on to me.
I mentioned this and shotgun got a shirt sent to me straight away, even though it wasn't there fault.
However I wasn't sure of fitment, 2xl or 3xl, so what did shotgun do.... Sent two shirts. Very good service through out.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:57 AM
hans4811
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fat daddy
So how do you like them?
So far so good ! Love the adjustability of them, very plush feeling. You have to play with it for a while to find your sweetspot, as everyone has their own likes/dislikes. I did find that when I lowered it wayyy down I heard a rubbing sound. Turned out it was the tire rubbing on the fender, so I just went up a bit. But it may be that I just haven't figured it all out yet. I'm sure the newness of it will wear off and I'll eventually stop dropping it into the weeds everytime I get off the bike, but right now it looks just too cool NOT to do that ! I also put in the Progressive Monotubes with the 2" drop up front, and drove that for a bit to get the feel. So with the 2 combined, feels like a different bike, in a better way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shotgun shock discount