Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat bob mirrors and other mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 05:02 PM
Navyvette
Tourer
Received 168 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Fat bob mirrors and other mods

So went and bought some contrast cut mirrors not so much to look better (they do though) but to give me more visibility. I was finding that all I was staring at were my guns and I know I’m not that big. The seem to be better in looking rearward but I haven’t rode yet.
Also I found the USB outlet on the left side. Thought that was pretty cool. No one seems to have mentioned it or at least I haven’t read about it yet.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:14 PM
Navyvette
Tourer

I bought this chopped fender edge light from a dyna and it fits the fender really well. The only problem is it doesn’t have integrated turn signals. Now that I know the housing will fit I’m going to see if I can fab up some internal turn LEDs (already have them) and see if I can remove the assemblies.
Also going to fab up some kind of plate mount to move the license plate under and put a little white LED in the center.

The following users liked this post:
izzyryder (01-22-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 06:07 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,227 Likes on 1,267 Posts

Originally Posted by Navyvette
Also going to fab up some kind of plate mount to move the license plate under and put a little white LED in the center.
A few of us were discussing license plate relocation in another thread. There is a really good-looking relocation kit out there, but it's AUD$675, and even after the exchange rate conversion the shipping brings it to US$650.

I especially like that it extends the fender a bit, which should stop the bike from throwing mud on my back, but $650 is way too much for a simple plate relocation kit. Would love to see what you come up with!

Navyvette (01-21-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 07:45 PM
Navyvette
Tourer

Yea I was following that thread and if I were going that deep money wise I was thinking a different fender all together. I’m looking for more the bobber look than this rear but at this early stage of this model it’s going to be more fab work than off the shelf for sure.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:05 AM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Subscribing...interested in seeing what you do with the rear light and plate mount!

Navyvette (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 08:06 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Any chance you could do me a solid and post some additional well lit pictures of the tail light up against the fender and of the top of the tail light itself?

Does it reach end to end and match the curved radius?

I've tried 2 different aftermarket ones (with similar shape) and found it was too difficult to get it mounted with double sided tape underneath based on the slope of the fender. I couldn't get the light to stay at a correct angle.

Keep us posted!

Last edited by izzyryder; 01-22-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Navyvette (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 10:27 PM
Navyvette
Tourer

I just ordered another version off revzilla as well as it has most everything and is a hard mount. I’ll get some pics but all three contact tape pieces touch the fender however there is a slight gap in the corners on the radius. My plan was to secure it with something a bit more permenant than 3M tape that could fill the gaps and provide a smooth easy to clean area behind it once the tire starts throwing garbage up in there.
Luckily it doesn’t rain 8 months out if the year so I don’t really have to worry about rain too much.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:54 AM
Decker72
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Have you seen this one? I believe it was posted in another thread, but it looks pretty good and RevZilla says it will work on the 2018s.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ght-for-harleyhttps://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ght-for-harley

Old 01-23-2018, 01:49 PM
Navyvette
Tourer

Originally Posted by Decker72
Have you seen this one? I believe it was posted in another thread, but it looks pretty good and RevZilla says it will work on the 2018s.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ght-for-harley
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ght-for-harley
That’s the one I ordered. They are closeouts so the Black was sold out and I had to get chrome. Gonna see how it fits then get it powercoated.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:28 AM
Decker72
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Navyvette
That’s the one I ordered. They are closeouts so the Black was sold out and I had to get chrome. Gonna see how it fits then get it powercoated.
It's one I'm considering as well. Post pics when you can!

Quick Reply: Fat bob mirrors and other mods