Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new ‘18 Fat Bob and the story

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 09:56 PM
Navyvette
Tourer
Received 168 Likes on 68 Posts
Default My new ‘18 Fat Bob and the story

I guess I put the mod cart before the intro horse.
I currently have the 2016 Ultra Limited Lo that I bought from House of Thunder back in Oct 2017 and after riding it a couple months I realized I didn’t like that riding style even though I love the storage. I called my dad and asked him if he wanted it vs me taking a hit trading it back in so soon and he was like heck yea.
I asked the dealer if they could hold the Ultra for me so it could be picked up by the shipper and they said no problem.
So I picked up the 2018 Fat Bob last week after test riding that and the 2018 Fat Boy. I really liked the riding position of the Fat Boy but the seat was awful. The Fat Bob riding position was a little too aggressive for me at the time but decided to pull the trigger on it and bought bars and risers.
Fast forward a week and I returned the bars and risers as I think the stock position is fine and got mirrors and a seat bag instead. Riding this bike has been a blast as it maneuvers so well and for lane splitting it’s a beast.
I also bought my girl an Indian Scout Bobber as it fits a smaller person so well and looks badass. I think it has a similar look to the Fat Bob but obviously was much less expensive.
Things I learned were:
House of Thunder is an awesome dealer
Spirit Motorcycles is an awesome dealer
Harley Davison Finance interest rates suck (I am refi as of tomorrow)
Give the bike a few days before modding as you might like what it has already

The dealerships tend to know each other and the GM at House of Thunder had texted the GM at Spirit Motorcycles (Indian dealer) and told him he sold me another Harley instead of me getting another Indian. I swung in to check on some Indian parts and he was like I hear you bought another Harley. I was like dang.

I was just in both dealers today and both asked me if my dad got the bike yet. I just like that they really take the time to learn who the customer is and feel like family even if I own one of each.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:32 PM
RATFINK53
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats!! Thank you for your service.

The following users liked this post:
Navyvette (01-21-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 10:48 PM
b407driver
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

What interest rate are you paying? I got 3.9% which was reasonably competitive.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:29 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Nice bike man.

Navyvette (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 12:58 AM
Navyvette
Tourer

Originally Posted by b407driver
What interest rate are you paying? I got 3.9% which was reasonably competitive.
They gave me 9.9% which is ridiculous when I got 4.4% on the refi. While my credit score isn’t stupid high I am at 753 which is pretty good.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:29 AM
M8_Softails
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats! I am happy with my Fatbob...

Navyvette (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 08:02 AM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Awesome bike! Love the Fat Bob and looking forward to testing one out once spring hits! Really thinking about trading my Fat Boy S in on the Fat Bob. The only thing that holds me back a bit is lack of storage. But I think I'll figure something out for the little bit I need to carry.

Navyvette (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 08:07 AM
Navyvette
Tourer

Originally Posted by abadley
Awesome bike! Love the Fat Bob and looking forward to testing one out once spring hits! Really thinking about trading my Fat Boy S in on the Fat Bob. The only thing that holds me back a bit is lack of storage. But I think I'll figure something out for the little bit I need to carry.
Yup, I’m in the same boat. I’m doing something with a bag on the passenger seat as I really don’t be riding two up.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:18 AM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

I have the Harley Davidson day bag that I slide over my sissy bar now that I could use on the Fat Bob if I got the sissy bar/luggage rack. Not sure I would want that on all the time though. We'll see...don't even have one yet!

Old 01-22-2018, 09:08 AM
ludville1
Tourer
Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by abadley

Who is your dealer, Hot Rod in Muskegon, or Sandy's in Fremont? I'm originally from Muskegon, and bought my Low Rider from Hot Rod last March. I put in 29 years at the **** hole known as Cannon-Muskegon.

Quick Reply: My new ‘18 Fat Bob and the story