Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip-Ons for Sport Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 10:32 PM
darkcustomflhcs
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Slip-Ons for Sport Glide?

Wondering if anyone knows of any slip-ons for a 2018 Sports Glide?

Old 02-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Wmitz
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts

I took a test ride on a sport glide at the dealer Friday, he said they have a muffler for it, so you might check the dealer for screaming canaries.

The following users liked this post:
darkcustomflhcs (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 08:30 AM
J_E_D
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wmitz
I took a test ride on a sport glide at the dealer Friday, he said they have a muffler for it, so you might check the dealer for screaming canaries.
After hearing some "Screaming" pipes, I'm gonna suggest that they are not quite that loud and are more at the "bickering vigorously in a raised voice" canary pipes.

I am not a fan of loud pipes at all, in fact I dislike them a lot but when someone shells out for loud pipes and gets very mellow pipes I can see how they might be unhappy.

EDIT:
The HD site doesn't list the SE Street Cannon pipes for the Street Glide.

Last edited by J_E_D; 02-12-2018 at 08:32 AM. Reason: added info
Wmitz (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 08:37 AM
Wmitz
Road Captain

Originally Posted by J_E_D
After hearing some "Screaming" pipes, I'm gonna suggest that they are not quite that loud and are more at the "bickering vigorously in a raised voice" canary pipes.

I am not a fan of loud pipes at all, in fact I dislike them a lot but when someone shells out for loud pipes and gets very mellow pipes I can see how they might be unhappy.

EDIT:
The HD site doesn't list the SE Street Cannon pipes for the Street Glide.
Didn’t get a chance to hear them, but with the cat in the headpipe almost any muffler won’t be really loud. Forgot to mention Tab Performance makes a muffler for the sport glide, someone mentioned that in an earlier post last week. They have a sound clip st the bottom of the page.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:46 AM
J_E_D
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm seeing some stuff about Rhinehart slip-ons too.
It looks like the aftermarket is starting to get going for pipes.

Wmitz (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 05:37 PM
rvkersh
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I just installed the Tab Performance muffler on my Sportglide, I ordered the 2 1/2 baffle after talking with Tech support. They said the Zombie baffle was very loud. The baffle can be changed at any time without removing the muffler. It's just right, nice sound, with an aggressive note. I called tech because it was hard to tell the difference in volume from the sound bites on their site.

darkcustomflhcs (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 07:04 PM
darkcustomflhcs
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by rvkersh
I just installed the Tab Performance muffler on my Sportglide, I ordered the 2 1/2 baffle after talking with Tech support. They said the Zombie baffle was very loud. The baffle can be changed at any time without removing the muffler. It's just right, nice sound, with an aggressive note. I called tech because it was hard to tell the difference in volume from the sound bites on their site.
Thanks for this, my buddy with the Sports Glide will be stoked! He was looking at buy an entire exhaust from Bassani but I think he'll go for these. Did you need a muffler gasket and clamp from HD?

Old 02-12-2018, 07:07 PM
darkcustomflhcs
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by J_E_D
I'm seeing some stuff about Rhinehart slip-ons too.
It looks like the aftermarket is starting to get going for pipes.
Yeah I ended up replacing my SE Street Cannons with Rineharts for my 2018 FLHCS 114 and they're about 12 dB louder with a much deeper note...love um!

J_E_D (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 05:13 PM
rvkersh
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by darkcustomflhcs
Thanks for this, my buddy with the Sports Glide will be stoked! He was looking at buy an entire exhaust from Bassani but I think he'll go for these. Did you need a muffler gasket and clamp from HD?
No gasket, muffler comes with the clamp. 15 minute job. I bought the chrome tip, stock heat shield.

Last edited by rvkersh; 02-13-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:15 PM
Wmitz
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rvkersh
Quick question, local dealers say the cat is in the headpipe, hd website says it’s in the muffler, could you clarify which one, thanks.

Quick Reply: Slip-Ons for Sport Glide?