Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heel Shift Lever Eliminator

Old 02-21-2018, 09:09 AM
Coffee47
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heel Shift Lever Eliminator

OK the bike is a 12 Heritage Classic, I have but a Heel shift lever Eliminator on my Bike, my question is when I but the spacer on I had to remove that plastic spacer and rubber O-ring. Now the spacer does fit flush up on the bracket but is this going to cause any rubbing or wear on the power coating? I have talked to a couple of HD dealers about this but there answers where sure yea, hum well that's great. Does anyone here have experience with this part?
The manufacture is KURAYAKYNK I did get from HD. I just want make sure this thing is ok or if I should get an extended peg and cap instead. I got this mainly because I kept stalling when I took off from a stop. Ya I figured out I was upshifting when with my heel so that sucker was gone. too many years riding dirt bikes for that thing to get in the way that and I like to move my foot more than an 1/8in anyway this is my first street bike and I want to make sure it last for many years to come.

Last edited by Coffee47; 02-21-2018 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Pic's
Old 02-21-2018, 09:34 AM
heybaylor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 72 Posts

I eliminated mine by taking it off. ??
I did put a plastic cap on the exposed splines.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:57 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,370 Likes on 4,000 Posts

You probably won't have an issue, but if you're worried, you can just replace the footlever, which contains the mounts for the shift lever(s) (They are both called "shift levers" in the parts diagram, but the part comes back to "Footlever", not sure why).

There is a footlever for a single toe shift lever and one for the heel/toe shift levers. They run around $40-$50 bucks, online at Boardtracker.

They are pretty easy to replace and you'll have it done right... The HD parts guy could tell you which one will fit your ride... or you could look up a same year Softail, with the same engine and just the toe shifter, and look it up on the online parts diagrams

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.....asp?make=hdmc

Check to be sure, but I believe you have the footlever #33668-07 @ $47.99 list and you would need footlever #33660-07 @ $38.99 list

Last edited by hattitude; 02-21-2018 at 04:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Coffee47 (02-22-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 04:05 PM
Sparky357
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts

I have a ‘17 Fatboy S and removed my heel shifter but the toe shifter was towards the back so all I needed was a cap with an Allen set screw to cover the exposed splines. Take a better picture because that one isn’t very clear.

Old 02-22-2018, 06:45 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Here's the way I handle it.

The "spacer" is the rubber off the heel shifter now sitting in a bin. It also moves the shifter outboard for better access; at least for me.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:57 AM
Coffee47
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK the bike is a 12 Heritage Classic, I have but a Heel shift lever Eliminator on my Bike, my question is when I but the spacer on I had to remove that plastic spacer and rubber O-ring. Now the spacer does fit flush up on the bracket but is this going to cause any rubbing or wear on the power coating? I have talked to a couple of HD dealers about this but there answers where sure yea, hum well that's great. Does anyone here have experience with this part?
The manufacture is KURAYAKYNK I did get from HD. I just want make sure this thing is ok or if I should get an extended peg and cap instead. I got this mainly because I kept stalling when I took off from a stop. Ya I figured out I was upshifting when with my heel so that sucker was gone. too many years riding dirt bikes for that thing to get in the way that and I like to move my foot more than an 1/8in anyway this is my first street bike and I want to make sure it last for many years to come.

Ok been having issues with the pics so here goes for some reason the come out giant in here from my phone.

well at least it's clear.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:23 PM
moparnut72
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

That isn't going to hurt anything. I took off my heel shifter too. I moved the toe shifter in and put a carburator block off cap over the splines. I found that I had to kind of bend my foot in to reach it. So I moved it back to the outer set of splines and spaced it with an oversize nut. I don't like the looks but I will be damned if I spend $40 for a simple spacer. As soon as I replace my destroyed lathe I'll make something nicer.
kk

Coffee47 (02-23-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 09:10 PM
Aogmitch
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

When I removed mine from my Heritage, I found a little cap that covered the splines. Moved toe shifter inboard.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:49 PM
b bop n bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,909 Likes on 1,074 Posts

If you want keep the shifter outboard, go to the hardware store and get a 1/2" shaft collar with a set screw and a 1/2" plastic cap. Install the rubber spacer, then shaft collar, then shifter lever. snug the set screw so the shaft collar doesn't rattle. Finish it off with a 1/2" plastic cap trimmed down to fit. Whole thing will cost you less than $5.

Last edited by b bop n bob; 02-22-2018 at 09:53 PM. Reason: additional info
Coffee47 (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 09:43 PM
grump1
6th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 3 Posts

My setup

LXT (02-24-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heel Shift Lever Eliminator