2018+ Softail Models Breakout

18 lowrider owners

Old 03-07-2018, 07:40 AM
John Kyle
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
i never understood why Lowriders didn't come with forward controls . yours looks great with them !

Yeah, IDK. I mean handling wise, you have a lot more control w/ the mid controls. I'm assuming that the bike is really geared towards the shorter rider that would like the mids. (Honestly they didn't bother me, I just like adding stuff! Was hoping it'd be a little more comfy too, it is!)

Old 03-08-2018, 08:51 AM
Max10
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Really thought I'd be getting the 2018 Low Rider this year but found out there is no two-up seat with a driver backrest for it anywhere. It's a necessity for me before I buy the bike. Oh well, maybe one will come out for it soon. Disappointed for now.

Last edited by Max10; 03-08-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:55 AM
John Kyle
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Max10
Really thought I'd be getting the 2018 Low Rider this year but found out there is no two-up seat with a rider backrest for it anywhere. It's a necessity for me before I buy the bike. Oh well, maybe one will come out for it soon. Disappointed for now.

that's true... I don't even think Harley makes one for the heritage, an aftermarket company does. I'd doubt they'll make one anytime soon, I don't see many people buying that size bike and looking for a rider backrest, kinda kills the look. Mustang usually offers them in their seats though whenever they come out with it. The stock seat is pretty comfy, I'm going to try out the sundowner model for it though, just to see how I feel about it! It's bulkier in the rear which kinda sucks for looks though.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:13 PM
J_E_D
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I put a backrest on mine and got it for 2-up riding around town, i.e. less than 15 miles one way.
The backrest is the shortest one HD offers so I don't think it ruins the lines and it's still quite easy to get a leg (an old, less flexible and repeatedly injured leg) over.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:17 PM
John Kyle
Cruiser

Originally Posted by J_E_D
I put a backrest on mine and got it for 2-up riding around town, i.e. less than 15 miles one way.
The backrest is the shortest one HD offers so I don't think it ruins the lines and it's still quite easy to get a leg (an old, less flexible and repeatedly injured leg) over.

On what bike? I'm confused here. the rider or passenger backrest?

Old 03-09-2018, 08:04 AM
Max10
Cruiser

[QUOTE=John Kyle;17160753]that's true... I don't even think Harley makes one for the heritage, an aftermarket company does. I'd doubt they'll make one anytime soon, I don't see many people buying that size bike and looking for a rider backrest, kinda kills the look. Mustang usually offers them in their seats though whenever they come out with it. The stock seat is pretty comfy, I'm going to try out the sundowner model for it though, just to see how I feel about it! It's bulkier in the rear which kinda sucks for looks though.

I've had 3 different seats for my 1 low rider and 2 super glides. All had driver backrests. But they all fit the dyna years 2006-2017. Mustang, Ultimate, and HD all made seats with driver backrest. I'm 90% sure someone will make one for the 2018 Low Rider but they just haven't caught up yet in manufacturing them. Also had a saddlemen seat which was the best looking but the least comfortable. The HD seat was the most comfortable for me and my passenger. None of them really looked too bad on the bikes and of course the backrests were removable for a shorter ride or different look.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:24 AM
John Kyle
Cruiser

[QUOTE=Max10;17163807][QUOTE=

I've had 3 different seats for my 1 low rider and 2 super glides. All had driver backrests. But they all fit the dyna years 2006-2017. Mustang, Ultimate, and HD all made seats with driver backrest. I'm 90% sure someone will make one for the 2018 Low Rider but they just haven't caught up yet in manufacturing them. Also had a saddlemen seat which was the best looking but the least comfortable. The HD seat was the most comfortable for me and my passenger. None of them really looked too bad on the bikes and of course the backrests were removable for a shorter ride or different look.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they will eventually. I feel like mustang is probably going to be the best bet though. They tend to offer them for most anything once they are available. It'll have to be one that's built into the seat pan itself due to only have a single bolt hole under the seat. (I've always had touring bikes, they always had the two bolts to mount the bracket for the backrest.) Give it time, you might as well buy one now and start getting the other accessories taken care of! LOL

Old 03-09-2018, 08:36 AM
Max10
Cruiser

[QUOTE=John Kyle;17163880]

I'm sure they will eventually. I feel like mustang is probably going to be the best bet though. They tend to offer them for most anything once they are available. It'll have to be one that's built into the seat pan itself due to only have a single bolt hole under the seat. (I've always had touring bikes, they always had the two bolts to mount the bracket for the backrest.) Give it time, you might as well buy one now and start getting the other accessories taken care of! LOL
Or maybe you could buy me one now and I'll pay you after they make the seat I want. Sound OK?

Old 03-09-2018, 08:45 AM
John Kyle
Cruiser

[QUOTE=Max10;17163936]
Originally Posted by John Kyle
Or maybe you could buy me one now and I'll pay you after they make the seat I want. Sound OK?
I've got the bike for you then! LOL. Accessorized to the gills! The guys at work always say I add stuff for the next owner to enjoy, which usually turns out to be true because I don't keep bikes long, but out of them all this lowrider is my favorite... so you'll have to give me another month or two to get bored with it! LOL

Old 03-10-2018, 10:15 AM
Max10
Cruiser

[QUOTE=John Kyle;17163972]

I've got the bike for you then! LOL. Accessorized to the gills! The guys at work always say I add stuff for the next owner to enjoy, which usually turns out to be true because I don't keep bikes long, but out of them all this lowrider is my favorite... so you'll have to give me another month or two to get bored with it! LOL
Although your bike is really nice. Like it alot and I would probably put on the same accessories you got [different seat of course], my choice for color would be black. No offence, just my preference. So I guess the deal is off John. I might still get one and wait for the right seat, I don't know. I don't need the backrest for medical reasons, it just keeps me from slouching after being in the saddle a long time. Keeps the wife from sliding into me after heavy braking also. But thanks anyway for that offer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 18 lowrider owners