Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2018 Fat Bob FXFB Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 02:01 PM
tc_fxfb
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know, Asinine. I'm just building my own system with Magnum lines and Tee's. Lot's of money.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:04 PM
Decker72
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by tc_fxfb
I know, Asinine. I'm just building my own system with Magnum lines and Tee's. Lot's of money.
Ah okay. I was gonna say ... the ABS HD part # which includes the manifold is 41800622. Surdyke sells them for $92. The u-bent loop would be a matter of a short length of hard line and the proper fittings. Not sure if it's still worth it to ya.

Either way, good luck. I hope you get it worked out.

The following users liked this post:
tc_fxfb (05-21-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 11:08 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker72
Nope. I did the bleed myself using a Mityvac tool. The key is to 1.) do NOT turn the bike on from the time you disconnect brake lines to the time you're done bleeding the system and 2.) Overly bleed the system. You want to be 100% sure that there are no air bubbles in the lines. I pulled about 3 bottles of brake fluid through the system through both front calipers to be sure. Overkill? maybe ... but my ABS works correctly.
Awesome, thank you. I'm going to put some speed bleeders on.. think they are 8mm.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:12 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Harley makes a few replacement upper brake lines that go from the front brake master cyl to a manifold bolted to the triple tree.

What brake line and clutch cable (part #'s) did you get? I have the exact same risers, but Lucky Dave's Bars...so pretty much the same set-up.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:58 AM
Decker72
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Big Twi$t
What brake line and clutch cable (part #'s) did you get? I have the exact same risers, but Lucky Dave's Bars...so pretty much the same set-up.
Brake Line; HD Part # 41800721
Brake Line Adapter; HD Part # 41600260
Clutch Cable (42"); HD Part # 37200383

My only comment is that the clutch cable I purchased could probably be a bit shorter. I've been meaning to order a 40" cable (part # 37200382) to try it out, but haven't gotten around to it yet. It might be something for you to consider.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:20 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Brake Line; HD Part # 41800721
Brake Line Adapter; HD Part # 41600260
Clutch Cable (42"); HD Part # 37200383

My only comment is that the clutch cable I purchased could probably be a bit shorter. I've been meaning to order a 40" cable (part # 37200382) to try it out, but haven't gotten around to it yet. It might be something for you to consider.
Yeah, I think you are right...looking at that middle pic above (the same one in your signature pic), looks like the clutch cable can be a couple inches shorter.

Thanks, I appreciate your help!

Last edited by Big Twi$t; 05-23-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:28 PM
slodance
Stage IV

Decker, I'm about to run this same setup (with 7" HCP risers). Appreciate you putting all of this on the forum. How did you handle extending the internal wiring? Any extra insight you might have to help me get through this install would be welcome.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Decker72
Cruiser

Originally Posted by slodance
Decker, I'm about to run this same setup (with 7" HCP risers). Appreciate you putting all of this on the forum. How did you handle extending the internal wiring? Any extra insight you might have to help me get through this install would be welcome.

Right on man! I love the HCP risers. What kind of bars are you going with?

With all the stock Harley wire sheathing, everything is fairly tight while trying to snake everything through the bars then down through the risers. I deleted my front turn signals, so that gave me a little more space to work with. Either way, you could try to remove the stock sheathing and re-sheathe the wiring into a tighter bundle to make things snake through easier.

As for extending the wires, you can go one of two ways - Harley wire harness extensions or cut/extend the wires yourself. I opted to cut/extend the wiring myself since I have a good amount of experience with stuff like that. If I'm remembering correctly, there were some wires that were long enough and didn't need to be extended. When you have everything in hand, mock up your risers and bars and you'll be able to get a pretty solid idea of what will and will not need to be extended. As far as getting to the wiring block under the gas tank, you just need to pull the rubber boot out (left side of gas tank) and you have access to everything ... no need to unbolt/remove the gas tank.

I'm not sure if any of this helps, but if you have anymore questions feel free to ask on here of through PM.

The following users liked this post:
slodance (06-05-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 07:34 PM
slodance
Stage IV

Absolutely helps. I'll PM you as soon as I hit my 5 day/5 post minimum.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:39 PM
blackmill
Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Updated License Plate Kits

updated Blackmill license plate mount design will now work with the bag hardware. new design fits between inner fender support and fender, uses shorter fasteners without locking nuts, new black Torx hardware now included for stock bike and H-D accessory mount setups.

Quick Reply: My 2018 Fat Bob FXFB Thread