Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Life Saver Horn assembly installed on '18 Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 06:57 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts
Unhappy Life Saver Horn assembly installed on '18 Heritage

A while back LSH offered, somewhere on this forum, their product "free for the asking". Which I did.

I received it a while back but just tried to install it on my 18 Heritage which I have already changed the grips to ISO grips.

I found I could not install the assembly. The Clamp did not fit the ISO grips well and the assembly contact point was hard up against the Horn Button.

Just wondering if anyone has actually installed the LSH assembly on an '18 softail and more specifically the Heritage. Does it fit, maybe with stock grips?

Seemed like a good concept, but....

Old 03-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Will Belden
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I have a 2016 Heritage, in which I replaced the stock grips with the HD Defiance grips. I actually bought the device (two of them), but was unable to install it. Thinking I was doing something wrong, even though it seems really obvious), I had the wife take a stab at it. She also was unable to get it on there. I haven't tried yet on her bike (2016 SuperLow) which still has stock grips.

So....maybe stock grips, yah. But definitely not with the ones I put on my ride.

Last edited by Will Belden; 03-07-2018 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Corrected Heritage year
The following users liked this post:
FrankEV (03-07-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 02:03 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Follow up on this story. You should go back and read down from the beginning.

Just received my new Life saver Horn device that is now called a "Horn Trigger" sent to me from Yongin, So. Korea for bata testing.

It is a much better design as it attaches with only the two screws that hold the Clutch assenbly on the handlebar. Fit onto my Cherry with out any spacers needed. and works like a charm. No longer takes space away from the grip.

Still just shinny chrome looking plastic of some sort, but for the amount of use it will get I dont see any problem. Would have looked better in black on my bike.

The concept is good as you don't have to search for the horn button in emercency situation. Thumb rests in the trigger in a natural position so you don't have to move your hand at all. I think it will become instinct to "toot" the horn when a cage gets to close or lay on it while breaking if necessary. Also, it actually makes it easier to find the left turn button.

There is a Website: www.horntrigger.com

The following users liked this post:
Tom Thompson (08-22-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 11:27 PM
PovertyRider
Road Master
Received 197 Likes on 140 Posts

That looks like it might actually work. I too tried the original on my Iso-grips and found it impossible to use. Didn't bother with the refund thing (only $15). I gave the ones I got (buy 1 get 1) to some friends that have stock grips who use them with no problems.
I may try the new design some day.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:19 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PovertyRider
That looks like it might actually work. I too tried the original on my Iso-grips and found it impossible to use. Didn't bother with the refund thing (only $15). I gave the ones I got (buy 1 get 1) to some friends that have stock grips who use them with no problems.
I may try the new design some day.
send them a note and yea shall receive.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:08 PM
Big Mule
Road Master
Received 771 Likes on 381 Posts

I had trouble with mine working also with the ISO grips. I may have to try the new design.

Old 05-28-2019, 01:03 PM
Martin Gallardo
Supporter
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I like that. I'm gonna have to check it out!

Old 05-28-2019, 04:31 PM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 440 Likes on 321 Posts

I wish they made them for the turn signals, especially the right one. And yes I know we can buy extension caps. Unfortunately they still don't bring the lever close enough, especially to my right thumb with the wick twisted.

The horn device looks useful though. Just wondering how difficult it makes applying the left turn signal. Or the cycle button for the speedo functions.

Last edited by iHodor; 05-28-2019 at 04:42 PM.