Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'02 Deuce Rear Turn Signal Relo

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 08:57 PM
pmatejcek
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 Deuce Rear Turn Signal Relo

I’ve got a stock ‘02 Deuce. I want to put Easy Brackets onto it, and hang some large-ish bags on them. I need to relocate the turn signals. My intention is to move them back to hang off of the license plate, something like that. It’s possible that just pulling them in closer to the fender would do the job – but I don’t think so. I think they have to move back. So far, the only certain solution I’ve found is 150 mph tape. Surely someone else has done this! This is another item where I get hit after hit – each saying something like, “Softail models except FXSTD Deuce.”
Anybody else “been there, done that?”
Paul in East Troy

Old 03-22-2018, 09:42 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

There's a kit for turn signal relocation for the rears. When I installed the EZ Brackets I thought that I would need it and purchased it. It turned out that I was able to mount the saddle bags in such a way that I didn't need to relocate the signals. I ended up giving the relo kit to someone on here. I do not remember where I got the kit, but there's one out there.

*****EDIT**** I think this is the kit. Look up Harley part # 69857-07
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...relocation-kit

Last edited by Deucedog; 03-22-2018 at 09:43 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Deucedog:
Newbomb427 (04-03-2018), pmatejcek (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 10:20 PM
pmatejcek
3rd Gear

Thanks, Deucedog. That kit is for 2003 and later. Mine's a 2002. H-D had a kit for the 2002, as well -- 90395-00 . H-D checked their parts inventory system, and found one in Mississippi, I think, and one in England. Both turned out to be inventory errors. I've checked around Europe, South American, the south Pacific... No joy! There's one super-generic bracket that will probably work, something like this:

I can't see why this one wouldn't work:

...but they say it doesn't.
Any, I appreciate you digging that up, trying to help.

Paul in Wisconsin

Old 03-23-2018, 12:53 AM
pmatejcek
3rd Gear

This Kuryakyn 3155 looks about the best I've seen:

I'll just have to be certain that this will place them at least 15" off the ground. I think they'll be high enough.

Old 04-01-2018, 01:01 PM
dwd682
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this one from Easy Brackets. https://www.jpcycles.com/product/831...relocation-kit very clean look

Old 04-01-2018, 09:59 PM
pmatejcek
3rd Gear

Thanks, dwd682. I don't see how that could fit on a Deuce. I'm going to try to make this one work:

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/831...relocation-kit

Old 01-16-2019, 07:16 PM
Danny Comer
Stage I
Default Rear turn signal relocation

I believe I have the kit you are looking for. I just bought an 02 deuce and it came with a brand new kit. Part #90395-00. If you are interested let me know.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:36 PM
pmatejcek
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Danny Comer
I believe I have the kit you are looking for. I just bought an 02 deuce and it came with a brand new kit. Part #90395-00. If you are interested let me know.
Thanks so much for your offer of help! That post is pretty old. Since then I sorted out a solution, got all my lighting issues resolved, totaled the bike and my right ankle, had emergency surgery and 6 months of recovery and rehab, celebrated my 70th birthday, and am now struggling with how I'm going to part with my beloved 1998 XLH1200 Sporty without feeling as though I'm selling off a child. Oh, and I found out a couple of weeks ago that the titanium in my ankle and leg doesn't set off the airport metal detectors!

Thanks again,

Paul

Old 02-13-2019, 08:13 PM
TheJayBirdsTransAm
Stage III
Default I need your #90395-00 kit

I am in the middle of a stock H-D hard saddlebag install and need the stock H-D rear turn signal relocation kit (part #90395-00). If you still have the kit available, please hit me back and lemme kno what u need to get for it. I've got PayPal or I can send u a USPS money order if neccessary. Thanx!

Old 02-13-2019, 08:15 PM
TheJayBirdsTransAm
Stage III
Default I need your part #90395-00

I am in the middle of a stock H-D hard saddlebag install and need the stock H-D rear turn signal relocation kit (part #90395-00). If you still have the kit available, please hit me back and lemme kno what u need to get for it. I've got PayPal or I can send u a USPS money order if neccessary. Thanx!

Quick Reply: '02 Deuce Rear Turn Signal Relo