Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I absolutely hate my Mustang Vintage style seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 08:14 PM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 494 Posts
Default I absolutely hate my Mustang Vintage style seat

I am really at the wits end with this seat. Nice seat but design that doesnt work for me. Front part is all good no complains but back of the seat (bit of the backrest wall part) is just too firm and put a lot of pressure on the top of my butt. I just cant deal with it anymore and I start not to like my whole bike because of this stupid issue. I am considering redoing the foam so soft foam can be installed on this section or going all the way in with Corbin.

Both options suck as spending 200$ bucks on Mustang seat that cost 230$ is just ridiculous.

Corbin is 575$ and pillon for wifey another 333$ who spend this kind of $$$$ on damn seat.

Attached is picture of my seat with part that bothers me as hell (foam is just too firm)

I would like to hear some options before I set this seat on fire 🔥

Old 05-25-2018, 09:08 PM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 440 Likes on 321 Posts

Have you considered calling Mustang and see if they can doctor it for you. Even with shipping both ways it should be much cheaper than spending big bucks on another brand.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:13 PM
jkinner
Road Captain
Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts

meancitycycles.com give them a call

Old 05-25-2018, 09:18 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Originally Posted by jkinner

I had them redo my Mustang Vintage last year. World of difference.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:14 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

I have a mustang day tripper an thought it was too firm in that area....either I've gotten used to it or it's broken in to my @$$ because I think it's more comfortable now than ever...I've put about a thousand miles on with this seat.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:17 PM
Big Mule
Road Master
Received 771 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by jkinner

+2 on Mean City Cycles. On top of that they will give you a year warranty on their work. If you aren’t satisfied with the outcome they will rebuild for free.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:19 AM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member

I was actually thinking about meancitycycles.com for the mods as I got this lead before. They recommended double decker but owner admitted openly that as far as creating extra room there is not too much that can be done to Slim seat due to stupid ignition module which limits options for moving my *** back. I thought if they can make this back support from memory foam or something really soft that my butt is comfortable but dont touch under pan I should be ok mostly softness.

Can you guys share more insights to mods you did to your seats in this company and provide bit more of the review for me. This will really help me out and allow better understand what was done and what are final results? I will really appreciate it especially from folks that mentioned same exact issue. If you guys can post some pix after mods that will be even more helpful as I am really curious if they only replace foam or also reshape cover or whatever is the deal.

I trully like potential of this Mustang seat as fromt side is really comfortable in stock form and my wife likes her pillon so if I can keep this one I would like to go this route vs spending some insane $$$ and deal with the whole deal.

P.S. I believe Mustang on their website mentioned they wont do any mods as far as I remember so not sure if this is even option for me.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:57 AM
blackxpress
Road Master
Received 492 Likes on 241 Posts

What is it with Mustang and their hard seats? I had a Super Touring seat on my Road Glide and it was like sitting on a rock. That thing was torture on long trips. You’d think as much as their seats cost they could figure out a way to make them comfortable. The stock seat on my Heritage Softail is way more comfortable than my Mustang was. That just ain’t right.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:08 AM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,922 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Put forward controls and move up. I can't see that little rise being a bother.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:55 AM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by RANGER73
Put forward controls and move up. I can't see that little rise being a bother.
Here is a thing. This seat also moved me forward a bit comparing to stock so I also put forward controls and moved these 2” forward week later. I felt seriously cramped on stock Slim but I figured I will put new seat I will do forwards with extensions and I am set. Still not the case here. BTW I am 5’’10” but I like to stretch a bit more then average person I believe. As of now I feel I need 1” more so I can play with seat or worst case 3” extension for Forwards.

I am on my 3rd seat on this bike (stock, mustang wide tripper and now vintage) and this is still no good and I am not surprise now as Mustang build 45deg angle “wall of hard stinky foam” where my tailbone is. Go figure. I examined corbin and Danny Gray seats and these have nice curve that anatomicaly match ***.

I will hate spend 200 bucks for mod just to see it doesnt work but I am somehow encouraged by comments above.

I am torn apart....

Quick Reply: I absolutely hate my Mustang Vintage style seat