2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything Fat Bob Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 11:31 AM
Adamreading
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robt
Wondering what you paid for sissy bar/luggage rack ,and fairing ? Love your fatbob .I wanted to hate it ,but after the test drive it was over !!!! Last weekend brought home 2018 fatboy 114 in vivid black …….The first thing my wife said was where the sissybar was ?
I wasn’t sure who you were asking as I don’t have a fairing. But the detachable sissy bar comes in 3 sections. 1) 52300379 for holdfast docking kit £42.50 2) 52300454 sissy bar £170,38 (there’s a shorter bar but doesn’t work with Sundowner touring seat I have on) 3) Smooth back rest pad is 52300560 £75 but there’s loads of “medium” pads in different styles. (You need medium with the taller sissy bar”) Hope that helps

The following users liked this post:
Robt (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 11:38 AM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
Oh, it's happened numerous times.

So many reasons why that won't happen....the biggest being not posting evidence of illegal actions on the 'ol innerwebs for everyone to see.

Haha good reason! Well have fun and stay safe.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:29 PM
Yzzyx
Cruiser
Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by Yzzyx:
Rakthi (07-23-2018), vancityharleyFXFBS (01-16-2020)
Old 07-22-2018, 04:03 PM
blackmill
Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE=Truble;17504540]
Originally Posted by blackmill

[/QUOTE
Is that a road glide fairing?
impressive craftsmanship, definitely intriguing..

Old 07-22-2018, 04:21 PM
blackmill
Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Old 07-23-2018, 05:19 AM
DaveTheDude
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Got hit last week on my Fat Bob. My leg is burnt and infected, torn rotator cuff, and I've been riding every day since. I pray to Lucifer that he take me home before cancer or an angry ex does. Take me back to hell, boss. **** everything.

I love this bike and I pray to Lord Satan below that I die on this thing. No joke. I ****ing love it. After 20 years on sport bikes and old Japanese Cafe racers, I'm totally in. Harley sold me. I'm gonna die on this bike and I hope they bury me with what's left.

Last edited by DaveTheDude; 07-23-2018 at 05:23 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by DaveTheDude:
19fxfbskc (04-01-2020), randomtask (04-26-2022), vancityharleyFXFBS (01-16-2020)
Old 07-23-2018, 10:56 AM
UTFatbob
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveTheDude
Got hit last week on my Fat Bob. My leg is burnt and infected, torn rotator cuff, and I've been riding every day since. I pray to Lucifer that he take me home before cancer or an angry ex does. Take me back to hell, boss. **** everything.

I love this bike and I pray to Lord Satan below that I die on this thing. No joke. I ****ing love it. After 20 years on sport bikes and old Japanese Cafe racers, I'm totally in. Harley sold me. I'm gonna die on this bike and I hope they bury me with what's left.
That's no good man, hopefully you heal up! I had a close call with a UPS truck on mine last week, the driver was in the left turn lane and decided he wanted to merge back into the non-turn lane without signaling/checking his mirrors. I panic-braked, locked both tires up and the bars were completely locked to the right. I missed him by a few inches according to my buddy. To be honest, I should've been on the ground.I'm not sure how I got out of it, it as I was 100% ready and expecting to go down.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:33 PM
Truble
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveTheDude

Get well man! Been there done that and don't even own for wheels anymore love my bike

Old 07-27-2018, 07:20 PM
maddmaxxjim
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i have had my fat bob for a week and since it has rained off and on for 5 days i started doing some mods.
Added the black mills rear plate relocation bracket with custom dynamics plate frame, led signals and smoked covers. Ordered the black stalks for rear turn signals but they havent come in yet so i put back together to ride tomorrow, will have to take it apart again. Amazing how fast stuff comes from the small retailers verses anything direct from HD retailers. The days of amazon prime have spoiled us.

So i need opinions on Vance and Hines or Rhinehart slip ons. I presume I will need a tuner so was going with the fp3 because it looks easy, will i need an intake? Bike is a 114.

Thanks for opinions in advance.

Jim

Old 07-27-2018, 07:55 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,217 Likes on 1,263 Posts

Originally Posted by maddmaxxjim
So i need opinions on Vance and Hines or Rhinehart slip ons. I presume I will need a tuner so was going with the fp3 because it looks easy, will i need an intake? Bike is a 114.
Depends on if you care about your warranty; the FP3 will immediately void your powertrain warranty. Any tuner other than the Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner will void your warranty irrevocably.

I went with the S&S Grand Nationals slip-ons, got 'em for a great price from FuelMoto. They're EPA-compliant and warranty-friendly, unlike ... well, pretty much every other slip-on out there. Used the Harley SEPST tuner, with a couple of SmartTune sessions thrown on to dial it in for the flow characteristics differences between the S&S and the Street Cannons.

If you're throwing your warranty away anyway (installing aftermarket cam or headers etc), the FP3 is an extremely simple to use product, and can deliver a great tune, especially if your bike configuration matches one of their stock presets. They carry presets for their own hardware, so V&H slip-ons should be in the app, but if you go with something like a Rinehart you're likely going to have to do the same thing I did with the SEPST: choose the nearest matching map, and then let it AutoTune for a while until it adjusts for the different flow characteristics of your particular mufflers.

Last edited by FatBob2018; 07-27-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Quick Reply: The Everything Fat Bob Thread