2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything Fat Bob Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 06:27 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Going back to the tire subject......I ordered up a set of radial Bridgestone Exedra Max in the stock sizing. I'm interested to feel the difference next season.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:09 PM
Decker72
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Today, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a DOUGZ fairing. If you guys haven't seen it yet, they're pretty awesome.I'm hoping to receive it some time next week.

https://www.dougz.com/product-page/c...wl-headlight-1

Old 12-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker72
Today, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a DOUGZ fairing. If you guys haven't seen it yet, they're pretty awesome.I'm hoping to receive it some time next week.

https://www.dougz.com/product-page/c...wl-headlight-1
Neither the dougz or the conely's has really gripped me yet. But I haven't seen either paint matched. The conely's is a bit too wide and I don't like how the dougz is a solid piece with an attachable windscreen. Guess i'll wait to see what other folks do with them as far as paint goes.

I planned on installing my bars today / tomorrow but I never realized that the new softails were TBW ><. I ordered the non TBW bars and mocked them up on the risers to see how they felt so they are scratched a little so I can't return them. I'll have to just put them in the classifieds. SO I ordered another set from a different dealer since they were offering a discount. The gold HCP risers just look so awesome, I just gotta figure out what route I'm going to go as far as other accessory pieces. The brass collection stuff is nice looking but not sure how it'll compliment gold. I was thinking about getting some stock pieces powder coated to match the gold.

Oh and looks like I need to update my sig!

Last edited by Danielc409; 12-13-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:06 PM
neverstockjp
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blackp5ca
I just installed the TBR on my 114 Breakout...impressed with the quality and the sound.
what tuner are you using ?

Old 12-18-2018, 06:26 PM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Started working on my handlebars today. HCP 11" gold risers with Lucky Dave's riser bars .. the only thing I didn't take into account is that the bars don't have the holes underneath where the risers clamp so I'll have to deal with the wiring just coming out the bottom of the handlebars. I've got all the wiring unpinned except for the damn TBW connector that's being a pain in the ***. I'll get the clutch and brake line disconnected tomorrow and go to the dealership to see about getting longer ones and maybe the wiring extensions for the other wiring if they are long enough. I just can't squeeze the dang connector through the handlebar wiring hole so I'll have to get it unpinned.

Next will be trying to figure out what handlebar grips I want to go with and other accent pieces to match the gold or go with some of the HD brass collection pieces. They didn't have the brass grips at the dealership but they'll have them in Friday. I read one review that said they feel kind of cheap so I want to see them in person. The bronze dominion stuff looks good, just not sure how it would look with the gold risers. Gotta get a plate relocation one of these days .. ugh I hate that side mount!

Last edited by Danielc409; 12-18-2018 at 06:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jbco2 (08-26-2019)
Old 12-19-2018, 01:09 AM
abceemike
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Danielc409
Neither the dougz or the conely's has really gripped me yet. But I haven't seen either paint matched. The conely's is a bit too wide and I don't like how the dougz is a solid piece with an attachable windscreen. Guess i'll wait to see what other folks do with them as far as paint goes.

I planned on installing my bars today / tomorrow but I never realized that the new softails were TBW ><. I ordered the non TBW bars and mocked them up on the risers to see how they felt so they are scratched a little so I can't return them. I'll have to just put them in the classifieds. SO I ordered another set from a different dealer since they were offering a discount. The gold HCP risers just look so awesome, I just gotta figure out what route I'm going to go as far as other accessory pieces. The brass collection stuff is nice looking but not sure how it'll compliment gold. I was thinking about getting some stock pieces powder coated to match the gold.

Oh and looks like I need to update my sig!
I received mine and it’s being prepped and painted industrial grey. I’ll post picks when it’s done. Should have it back in the next 2 weeks or so.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:41 AM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

Just found this thread. Posting to join in the fun.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:20 PM
Decker72
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

I got my DOUGZ fairing last week. Super simple install and everything fit as it should. This is a really high quality fairing and it performs great. I'll be sending it off for paint soon. I'm stoked! Check it -

The following users liked this post:
FatBob-7 (04-23-2021)
Old 12-31-2018, 03:36 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

I like that!

Old 12-31-2018, 03:47 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

A very rainy and humid day for the last day of the year here. Bored out of my skull so I swapped out the slip on's (Vance & Hines Comp's replaced S&S Grand Nationals) and heat shields (HD black kit replaced the OEM bronze pieces). Cleaned up the bike more to my tastes.

Quick Reply: The Everything Fat Bob Thread