Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Glide seat options/reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 08:38 PM
rbouillion
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bike_r_trash
Unfortunately, I can't. I didn't wind up buying the seat. However, anytime I had a seat get hung up, the mounting tab didn't line up with the hole.
I agree, doesn't seem as though the tab would line up with the hole. I saw a 2018 Sportster in the showroom that had a large gap between the seat and the tank that just didn't look right to me. Seems like they may be trying to universal fit some seats instead of redesigning?

Old 06-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Big Mule
Road Master
Received 771 Likes on 381 Posts

Have you thought about sending your seat to Mean City Cycles and have them do the double decker memory foam?

The following users liked this post:
rbouillion (06-24-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 05:47 AM
rbouillion
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Big Mule
Have you thought about sending your seat to Mean City Cycles and have them do the double decker memory foam?
Has anyone used Mean City Cycles recently? I've sent 2 emails with no response.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:36 AM
cmhdwg09
Road Captain
Received 192 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by rbouillion
Man I was about to pull the trigger on the Sundowner but I agree, that sure don't look like a good fit.
There is a similar gap on the Heritage with the stock seat. The leather strap hides it to some extent, but when I changed my console to the chrome one, the gap is there in all it’s glory. There are seats that will fit to hide it, but don’t be surprised when you see it with some seats.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:07 AM
George Vee
Cruiser
Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

I installed the Saddleman solo seat yesterday . This is a gell seat and feels stiff, instructions said it will take 100 miles to break in, I rode for 25 miles it's stiff but comfortable. The seat does fit properly.

The following 2 users liked this post by George Vee:
bike_r_trash (06-30-2018), icybeam (07-01-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 08:15 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by rbouillion
Has anyone used Mean City Cycles recently? I've sent 2 emails with no response.
I've just been e-mailing back and forth with Allen at MCC. His responces have been almost immediate. Try: allen@meancitycycles.com

He just told me their scheduling for seat mods is out to mid August and you must schedule ahead of time to insure a quick turn around.

I'm scheduled to have a memory foam mod to my reach seat on July 24th. Hopefully will be getting a more comfortable seat plus a little more lowereing. He said about 1/2 to 1 inch.

Delivering it to them in persons on the 23rd, since I have to go up to NC anyway for a few days with my truck and trailer to deliver some things. Will pick up on 25th or 26th on my back to Florida.

rbouillion (07-02-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 08:50 AM
NoSecCatfish
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by George Vee
I installed the Saddleman solo seat yesterday . This is a gell seat and feels stiff, instructions said it will take 100 miles to break in, I rode for 25 miles it's stiff but comfortable. The seat does fit properly.
I like the look of that solo seat, I may have to consider the same thing for my Sport Glide.

Last edited by NoSecCatfish; 06-29-2018 at 08:53 AM.
George Vee (06-29-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Royce
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks sharp!

George Vee (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 05:37 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 521 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by bike_r_trash
Full disclosure: I'm a huge Mustang seats fan. Have had them on all my bikes. They don't have a seat yet for the Sport Glide. I'm still in pain from a 220-mile day on the stock POS seat. My dealer ordered me the HD Sundowner, which is supposed to fit on the Sport Glide and Low Rider. Take a look at the photo. I don't think it fits. At least, I didn't think so and didn't buy it.

So, I'm looking for your seat reviews. Yeah, it's subjective and nearly as bad as an oil thread...but, I'll risk asking anyway.

That doesn't seem to be designed for the bike and no way I'd want that ugly gap between the seat and the tank.
I kind of like the gap. It prevents any scratches or clearcoat rubbing off from the seat. Im sure it is designed to look that way.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:18 AM
StefDS
6th Gear
Default Mustang touring 2-up seat Sport Glide

I also ordered the HD Sundowner 2-up seat when I first bought my Sport Glide, and indeed, it came up short on the gas tank. My question is: does anyone have experience, or a picture of the seat actually on the bike, of the Mustang 2-up touring seat?

Last edited by StefDS; 11-01-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Sport Glide seat options/reviews