Default Options for lowering rear of breakout 2018

Anyone lowered their breakout 2018?

any options where I don’t have to replace the rear shock

thanks in advance

Old 07-24-2018, 06:09 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

No. You can sit lower by shaving the seat foam, but actually lowering the tail of the bike requires a change at the shock. No way I could see fitting the equivalent of lowering blocks to the shock mount in this new design.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Blackp5ca
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

I know Thunderbike and BidDaddyCustoms make a lowering kit for the new Softail shocks...they require disassembly of the shock though for install.
link here....came across these on instagram

http://picbear.online/bigdaddycustoms4270

(may have to copy and paste sorry)

Old 11-27-2018, 02:43 PM
MavEryck
Intermediate
Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Lowering 2018 Harley Breakout

Yes, I lowered my 2018 Harley Breakout by buying a new rear fender from Dark-Parts Motorcycle Company in Germany. I recently received my brake light for the kit. I love the LED brake light and installed that and the LED turn signals. I am super happy with it!

Anyway, the fender hugs the tire when you sit on it and the rear shock is adjusted to the proper pre-load (check your manual).

Looks totally bad a**!!

New fender requires having a custom seat made but they sell the fiberglass seat pan. That saved me money on the custom seat fabrication.

I bought the entire body kit, stretched tank, etc. because I wanted to build a custom chopper from the Breakout platform.

Also had Harley build a Stage IV 117 with the Horsepower cam. Everything SE. I know some people go with aftermarket builds but I have my reasons for sticking with Screaming Eagle. I got a lifetime warranty on the bike. So, I wasn't taking any chances of having warranty issues down the road.

Peace of mind.

Good luck!

P.s. My fault that the paint got chipped up on the rear fender. I used a temp LED light while waiting for the brake light and it peeled the paint when I removed it.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:14 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 722 Likes on 443 Posts

Your bike looks great! The rear fender must come down ALOT when you are on it? (Looks like it's sticking up there pretty good just sitting there?) If ya don't mind me asking, approx how much for that rear?

The following users liked this post:
MavEryck (06-11-2019)
Old 12-08-2018, 08:52 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,263 Likes on 931 Posts

Another "option", but it does involve replacing the shock....

https://airfxusa.com/rear-air-ride-kit-for-2018-softail

hth,

T.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:42 PM
fjoh
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts

2018+ softail lowering kit

This is what I’m thinking to use to lower my sport glide. I wish it was a little less expensive but it still is not as costly as replacing the shock.
Another option is to modify The stock shock yourself.... take it apart, shorten the damper rod, cut the spring, reassemble....
ive done that loooong time ago when there’s no such thing as “lowering (shorter) shocks” on the market...

Old 12-08-2018, 04:37 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,263 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by fjoh
2018+ softail lowering kit
This is what I’m thinking to use to lower my sport glide. I wish it was a little less expensive but it still is not as costly as replacing the shock.
Another option is to modify The stock shock yourself.... take it apart, shorten the damper rod, cut the spring, reassemble....
ive done that loooong time ago when there’s no such thing as “lowering (shorter) shocks” on the market...
Good find. Does zodiac ship to the US though?
Looks like it replaces the stock adjuster (and its width).

thanks,

T.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:45 PM
MavEryck
Intermediate
Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Superdog3:16
Your bike looks great! The rear fender must come down ALOT when you are on it? (Looks like it's sticking up there pretty good just sitting there?) If ya don't mind me asking, approx how much for that rear?

Thanks... Sorry, didn't see your response until now.

The rear is about $1,350.00 I think

Check Dark-Parts.com

Old 08-19-2019, 04:05 PM
Seth Gremillion
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey where did you get a custom seat made?

Originally Posted by MavEryck
Yes, I lowered my 2018 Harley Breakout by buying a new rear fender from Dark-Parts Motorcycle Company in Germany. I recently received my brake light for the kit. I love the LED brake light and installed that and the LED turn signals. I am super happy with it!

Anyway, the fender hugs the tire when you sit on it and the rear shock is adjusted to the proper pre-load (check your manual).

Looks totally bad a**!!

New fender requires having a custom seat made but they sell the fiberglass seat pan. That saved me money on the custom seat fabrication.

I bought the entire body kit, stretched tank, etc. because I wanted to build a custom chopper from the Breakout platform.

Also had Harley build a Stage IV 117 with the Horsepower cam. Everything SE. I know some people go with aftermarket builds but I have my reasons for sticking with Screaming Eagle. I got a lifetime warranty on the bike. So, I wasn't taking any chances of having warranty issues down the road.

Peace of mind.

Good luck!

P.s. My fault that the paint got chipped up on the rear fender. I used a temp LED light while waiting for the brake light and it peeled the paint when I removed it.

where did you get a custom seat made? And where to you get fender shipped too? Are you in USA?

Quick Reply: Options for lowering rear of breakout 2018