Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Ride real ride 2018 Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 08:27 AM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Received 213 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by AKDrifter
What is the Ultimate seat? I have the Hammock on my '18 Slim now and it is super sweet. I've had a Sundowner re-worked by Mean City and while it was a huge improvement over the original Sundowner the Hammock is way more comfortable than the MCC Sundowner. Any seat was better than the original seat and I definitely will have MCC do more seats for me but the Hammock I have no need to modify .
https://ultimateseats.ca/harley-davi...river-backrest

I like them. Surely pricey though. If not a perfect fit, Ill try the Sundowner and aftermarket backrest route.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:06 AM
AbqDave
Tourer
Received 186 Likes on 97 Posts

That is a gorgeous bike. As it breaks in, the throttle response will come alive and the shifter will get smooth as butter.

Kinda hard to find footpegs and stuff for these things. But, HD did a really good job with the ergo's, it's cool being able to grip the tank with your knees. Makes it feel sporty in the twisties. And you're gonna have so much fun chasing the sportbikes through the mountains. That bike will eat Deal's Gap alive. Congrats!

Old 09-20-2018, 09:18 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,374 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Nice bike.

Get your clutch cable adjusted and you'll be able to find neutral and your bike won't creep in gear, and you'll reduce the stress on your starter too.

Then, ride safe!

The following 2 users liked this post by NORTY FLATZ:
Graham UK (09-20-2018), ktp1598 (09-22-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 01:45 PM
68beep
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are all youngsters: 73 and still enjoy riding. Purchased an 18 FLDE in Electric Blue; had a hip revision and couldn't get on my street glide so the deluxe fits me fine. I put front engine guards, 18" windshield (still get buffeting but it coming from down below), motherwell solo rack, deluxe HD bags, cruise control and an upgraded console. I just have to address the buffeting and probably will try a pair of fangs although they look ugly but if it solves the buffeting, I can live with them. Bike is too quiet and will be looking for slip ons down the road. Good luck with your bike. I love mine. Neutral is easy to find on my bike after dealer adjusted the clutch cable after the test ride.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:10 PM
ronaldrwl
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
I can find neutral easy when bike is shut down, but with engine running...almost impossible.

Over 4K miles and my Cherry still surges forward when starting in first with clutch pulled in. More so when cold than when hot.
Wet clutch, right? I think that's normal-ish.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:24 AM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,703 Likes on 1,988 Posts

Originally Posted by ronaldrwl
Wet clutch, right? I think that's normal-ish.
My Evo Softail has done this for 25 years. To a certain extent you're right.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:39 PM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 291 Posts

I run Sundowner and Grasshopper. It is perfect.

The following users liked this post:
Cajun4x4 (09-29-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 08:57 PM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Received 213 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by army_eod
I run Sundowner and Grasshopper. It is perfect.
Body status please .. yours ..not the bikes !

Old 09-22-2018, 09:19 AM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by sumncguy
Body status please .. yours ..not the bikes !
I am 5 ft 10 and 163 lbs

The following users liked this post:
Cajun4x4 (09-29-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 08:46 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
I can find neutral easy when bike is shut down, but with engine running...almost impossible.

Over 4K miles and my Cherry still surges forward when starting in first with clutch pulled in. More so when cold than when hot.
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Get your clutch cable adjusted and you'll be able to find neutral and your bike won't creep in gear, and you'll reduce the stress on your starter too.
Well, I tried. Stopped at my dealer service department and sure enough the service guy showed me that my clutch cable was very loose and needed adjustment. They took it right in and a half hour later it was done. When the service tech brought it out, he could not find neautral until he shut it down. Don't know if it still surges when starting in 1st since the engine was warm. Will have to wait until tomorrow when it has fully cooled down. We did a 40 mile ride after adjustment and I tried at each red light to find neautral...nope, never, nada. Pulled in the driveway at home, shut it down and like magic, slipped into neautral easy peasy. It has been this way since I got the bike. Guess I'm just going to have to live with it

Quick Reply: First Ride real ride 2018 Deluxe