Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   2018 Fatbob Question and Suggestion needed (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/1258807-2018-fatbob-question-and-suggestion-needed.html)

jaybbb 10-25-2018 10:09 PM

2018 Fatbob Question and Suggestion needed

Hello Folks,

I am a newbie to this site and this is my first post, Hope everyrone is having a great evening.

I had this bike for a month now, I noticed changing gearing up is too hard even though i wear Bike shoes from Bilt, is there something i can do to make it smooth. i mean change the gear by applying less pressure on it.

What kind of accessories do you guys purchased for your bikes. Mine is as it is now, except the handle mount for gopro.

Bowhunter8607 10-25-2018 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by jaybbb (Post 17781942)
Hello Folks,

I am a newbie to this site and this is my first post, Hope everyrone is having a great evening.

I had this bike for a month now, I noticed changing gearing up is too hard even though i wear Bike shoes from Bilt, is there something i can do to make it smooth. i mean change the gear by applying less pressure on it.

What kind of accessories do you guys purchased for your bikes. Mine is as it is now, except the handle mount for gopro.

Congrats on the ride and welcome to the Forums. Not sure there's much you can do other than making sure to use good force while changing gears. Mine doesn't seem hard at all to shift gears but I'm comparing to other Harleys since I haven't rode any other street bikes yet.

As far as mods most people seem to love the plate relocation kits. I want one but they are a bit pricey then you have to spend more for the frame with the plate light so that's not first on my list. I'm going with pipes first then risers and bars then the stage II cam to start with.

There are quite a few options to make her your own so do some research and find things that appeal to you and have at it!

uklauren 10-25-2018 10:46 PM

Why not take it to the dealer and have it checked out? It shouldn't be hard to change gears

RobertJO 10-25-2018 10:46 PM

Have you got the shift lever adjusted on its spline to ideal height for your particular feet position ergonomics? First thing I adjusted on mine when new because the shift peg position was way too high for my natural riding foot position. I literally had to lift my foot from the peg to downshift. Night and day different feel from factory placement after adjustment. Otherwise , mine shifts with little effort even compared to my GSX 1000 Suzuki. If yours requires uncomfortable effort to shift and you find the shift peg height adjustment suitable, I'd bring it in and have it looked at under warranty.

blackSP 10-26-2018 09:57 AM

As long as you use the clutch it should be smooth ;)
But have it checked out, should be soft and easy!

MoneyFor 10-26-2018 11:53 AM

Congrats and welcome,

it is only 1 month old and if you think it's heavy shifting let it check out at your dealer.

Mark Faulkner 10-26-2018 12:01 PM

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I ride in trainers all the time, and gear changes on my 114 Breakout are super smooth and light, requiring very little pressure to shift.

jaybbb 10-26-2018 10:30 PM

thank you for the answers

I will take it to the dealer