Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New model Softail fenders

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 07:46 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts
Default New model Softail fenders

I know that anything can be done cuttin', drill'n, and weld'n, but is there anything you can buy to bring the rear fender down closer to the tire? I think I'd look ALOT nicer that way. Got an '18 Breakout, gonna do one of those rear fender kits someday, but for now......???

Old 11-15-2018, 08:26 PM
LIMike
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 196 Posts

I have been looking into the same thing for my 2018 slim. I found doing the suspension would do the trick. I have my new shock ordered and should be in the first week of December. I really didn’t want to go with the air suspension. As cool as it is, I really don’t trust it

Old 11-15-2018, 08:49 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Great! I'm thinking the same thing, hate dropping that kinda dough just to narrow the gap. Also wondering if doing so, at that setting, how's the ride? Do me a big favor and PpM me with any ideas, outcome, or thoughts, would ya? What shock did ya get? I played around with the stock adjuster and seen no diff. Sux.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:40 AM
LIMike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 58jdn58@gmail.com
Great! I'm thinking the same thing, hate dropping that kinda dough just to narrow the gap. Also wondering if doing so, at that setting, how's the ride? Do me a big favor and PpM me with any ideas, outcome, or thoughts, would ya? What shock did ya get? I played around with the stock adjuster and seen no diff. Sux.
no problem at all I will definitely keep you posted. From what I understand the only shock I can use for that bike now is progressive. I was told it should drop the bike about 1 inch. I know one inch doesn’t sound like a lot but it definitely is a pretty big difference. We are also going to put a little bit of a wider tire on the back as well.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:55 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanx, please do that. An inch would make a good diff I think? Too bad ya gotta spend that much money, but oh well? I seen one, somewhere, that is the shock only, no compressor. Once mine was set, I "think" I'd be satisfied just leaving it there, not interested in amazing a group buzzing it up and down. LMAO... Pm me when ya get it! Tick. Tick. Tick..... Lol.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:37 PM
soldierbot
POD Squad
Received 90,366 Likes on 23,284 Posts

another option is to go with bigger wheels....I have an 18 inch on the back and front on my scoot.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:39 PM
Blackp5ca
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm running Platinum Air in the back but before I did the air suspension swap I found placing the rear plate up under the rear fender closed down that gap a bit from the rear and made it look a bit better.
I used a generic curved plate mount (may have been Kuryakyn I cant recall?) and just fabbed up my own mount to the existing bracket under the fender. Maybe $80 invested?
I know this pic isn't the same with the air but you get the idea on the plate location.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:54 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,704 Likes on 1,989 Posts

Just put on a set of saddlebags and you won't mind the gap.

Old 11-16-2018, 05:03 PM
LIMike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Blackp5ca
I'm running Platinum Air in the back but before I did the air suspension swap I found placing the rear plate up under the rear fender closed down that gap a bit from the rear and made it look a bit better.
I used a generic curved plate mount (may have been Kuryakyn I cant recall?) and just fabbed up my own mount to the existing bracket under the fender. Maybe $80 invested?
I know this pic isn't the same with the air but you get the idea on the plate location.
I looked into the platinum air Suspension. Does your suspension ever loose air? A friend of mine talked me out of doing the setup. He said his bike lost/leaked are and eventually fell over. From what I understand the newer air suspensions doesn’t loose as much air as fast?

Old 11-17-2018, 07:00 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

My plate mount is off to the side. I see yours though, looks good. They don't have slot out for the new m8 softies yet it seems....

Quick Reply: New model Softail fenders