Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing on a Heritage

Old 02-20-2019, 09:46 PM
sped
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

I paid $399 no audio, shipped free. I think I got a good deal. Not sure I could see over an 8" screen. Mine came with a 5". I just need some road time to really test it out.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:29 AM
sped
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluraven

As for the buffering; try adding an 8" LRS Re-curve, just don't go anything darker than "light tint" unless you never ride at night.
I think you'll certainly feel the difference.
So, when shopping for a shield, would I look at a shield that would fit a Street Glide for example? Would those work on our fairings?

Old 09-09-2021, 04:36 PM
Doug Frazelle
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Reckless 4 speaker Batwing fairing for my 2018 Heritage. It comes with an Infinity Bluetooth head unit and 4 Rockford/Fosgate 5 1/4 in speakers. It was a relatively easy install, and I think it looks and sounds great (even at interstate speeds). Base price was $925 which is not bad if you price an empty fairing then add a decent stereo. I suppose if you color matched, it would obviously up the price, but if you have someone else do the painting, you're only adding the cost of having it painted. I love mine, and have zero "buyers regret". Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Has anyone actually installed a Batwing Fairing w/stereo on a Heritage? If so what brand? Comments please!

There is another thread about a "Wedge Fairing" but not sure about them as they seem to be new with not much info on their Website and it is a frame mounted fairing as opposed to a fork mounted fairing.

I'm looking at a Standard Batwing Fairing from Reckless Industries MC Div. , see: https://www.recklessmotorcycles.com/heritage.html

It uses my '18 Heritage OEM Windshield mounts and sounds like a plug and play hookup.

Although the standard model starts at $780, with color match and other options it could be close to $2000.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:38 PM
Doug Frazelle
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Reckless 4 speaker Batwing fairing for my 2018 Heritage. It comes with an Infinity Bluetooth head unit and 4 Rockford/Fosgate 5 1/4 in speakers. It was a relatively easy install, and I think it looks and sounds great (even at interstate speeds). Base price was $925 which is not bad if you price an empty fairing then add a decent stereo. I suppose if you color matched, it would obviously up the price, but if you have someone else do the painting, you're only adding the cost of having it painted. I love mine, and have zero "buyers regret". Hope this helps.

Has anyone actually installed a Batwing Fairing w/stereo on a Heritage? If so what brand? Comments please!

There is another thread about a "Wedge Fairing" but not sure about them as they seem to be new with not much info on their Website and it is a frame mounted fairing as opposed to a fork mounted fairing.

I'm looking at a Standard Batwing Fairing from Reckless Industries MC Div. , see: https://www.recklessmotorcycles.com/heritage.html

It uses my '18 Heritage OEM Windshield mounts and sounds like a plug and play hookup.

Although the standard model starts at $780, with color match and other options it could be close to $2000.

Old 09-09-2021, 05:22 PM
Arizona Mike
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by langwilliams
you could keep your current windshield an add some tunes: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RR2-RADIO-BOX-MARINE-GRADE-RADIO-USB-FITS-HARLEY-DAVIDSONS-W-FIXED-WINDSHIELD/371679145998?hash=item5689cdb00e:g:6RkAAOSwQJ5UUo2 x:rk:1f:0

you can buy just the box an add your choice of radio an speakers
But will need a quality amp, as standard radios for this only put out about 25 watts per side--not nearly enough to hear at over 45 mph. My Street Glide has the Boom speakers and amp, with 75 watts per side, and I still have to ride with the volume up all the way at 70 mph.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:10 AM
Leaping1
Advanced
Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Kinda looking for a sound system, but also kinda like the idea of a fairing with its added benefits and everything built in. Hate the idea of cluttering up the handelbars with the speakers and/or boom box.

Which brand did you go with? Specifics? Could you shoot some pic's of your install. Is the sound OK at highway speeds (55+).

​​​​​​
I have handlebar speakers and use XM radio. Works great for me. I just like the classic look of the heritage with the windshield. Good luck. Like some said its your bike and do what is right for you,