Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Softail Slim Finally Gets Apes

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 09:28 PM
MNtadpole
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Stang951
I should have explained more. I bought her the 12" Outlawz, but WO is claiming that you have to replace the risers and clamp because the center section of the Outlawz is too narrow to use the stock ones. I mated them up and they fit fine in the pullback risers, but the stock top clamp from the short risers is too wide just like they said.

I am also looking at the cables and wires now. LA Choppers kits is like 250ish with my discounts and claims to include everything, but they fit 12-14" bars, not specific for the height. She is worried that the extra cable in that kit is going to look goofy. I priced the cables and wires from HD for the black diamond (cause they dont sell regular black anymore through the kits) and it was over 400.00 for the same things. Which way are you going with your cables and wiring?
As I said before, I'm having the dealership install the bars...so its not like I'm doing the work myself. I can't take the credit this time. I chose to go with the HD braided black cables.

Last edited by MNtadpole; 01-09-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:35 PM
MNtadpole
Tourer

The dealership that was doing the bar job called me today, so I went in for a fitting. Here are the latest and greatest. The fitment of the bars feels awesome. The look is obviously a lot different than what I'm used to. I'm just hoping that since the bars are a more matte finish, that it won't seem off or stick out.

Last edited by MNtadpole; 01-09-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:51 AM
LIMike
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 196 Posts

Looks Great!!!

Old 01-16-2019, 10:08 PM
MNtadpole
Tourer

Hey, I appreciate it. I can't wait to break it out this coming Spring!

Old 01-17-2019, 10:30 AM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MNtadpole
... just hoping that since the bars are a more matte finish, that it won't seem off or stick out.
I'm thinking that you can already tell that it does. It is the only matte black accessory on the bike FWICT. It doesn't have any other choice BUT to stick out. And having the dealer do that work I know cost a limb or two. Hope you like it.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:18 PM
MNtadpole
Tourer
Default #

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
I'm thinking that you can already tell that it does. It is the only matte black accessory on the bike FWICT. It doesn't have any other choice BUT to stick out. And having the dealer do that work I know cost a limb or two. Hope you like it.
#TRUTH!!

I appreciate your honest opinion. I'm thinking that putting on some matte black 2:1 exhaust system might bring it together better. What do you think I should do?

Last edited by MNtadpole; 01-17-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:17 PM
LIMike
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 196 Posts

I think the exhaust would definitely help but from what it looks like all the wiring isn’t installed internally. If it was me and it bothered me that much, I would just pull the bars and have them Powdercoated. You can pull the bars yourself fairly easy. I still think the bike looks great though and would definitely look even better with the black exhaust

Last edited by LIMike; 01-17-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:31 PM
MNtadpole
Tourer

Hey, that is totally an option as well! Thanks for putting that one out too. I think what I'm going to do is maybe look at putting on a matte black full-system exhaust, which may compliment the bars. If the bars after that still aren't matching the vibe, I'll take matters into my own hands and get them powdercoated. Maybe also add the outer primary case...since I'm at it. I'd really like to achieve an even balance between chrome and black. I'm aiming at a 100% murdered out theme.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:05 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 722 Likes on 443 Posts

The dealership that was doing the bar job called me today, so I went in for a fitting. Here are the latest and greatest. The fitment of the bars feels awesome. The look is obviously a lot different than what I'm used to. I'm just hoping that since the bars are a more matte finish, that it won't seem off or stick out.

I would def want a gloss black bar for sure. Are both flat and gloss available?

Old 01-17-2019, 09:11 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 722 Likes on 443 Posts

Hey, that is totally an option as well! Thanks for putting that one out too. I think what I'm going to do is maybe look at putting on a matte black full-system exhaust, which may compliment the bars. If the bars after that still aren't matching the vibe, I'll take matters into my own hands and get them powdercoated. Maybe also add the outer primary case...since I'm at it. I'd really like to achieve an even balance between chrome and black. I'm aiming at a 100% murdered out theme.
I think you probably hate the matte black. Adding more of something you don't like isn't gonna make it what ya want. My advice, and if it we're mine, save all that money and just get the bars powder coated a sweet rich glossy black!!!!! The rest of the bike looks great! I've got a new B.O. and the contrast of gloss black AND chrome rox. IMO of coarse....lol.

Last edited by Superdog3:16; 01-17-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Softail Slim Finally Gets Apes