Notices
Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice for Clutch Cable Rubbing

Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM
MNtadpole
One Of The Regulars
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Advice for Clutch Cable Rubbing

Hey,

I recently had a pair of 12" Wild1 Outlawz put on my bike. I just realized the other day that there is some apparent rubbing of the clutch cable against the handlebar tube, which is wearing at the powder coat. Does any one know of a product that might adhere to the surface to protect the powdercoat finish? I can imagine that after one season of this wear, there will be bare metal exposed.

Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member
Liked 722 Times in 690 Posts

Do you have the proper size cables they maybe a little short check your length plus there is all kinks of clips and hanging devises out here you just have to find the right one. Your dealer should be able to help with your problem

The following users liked this post: PDB17UltraRG
MNtadpole (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM
MNtadpole
One Of The Regulars
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hey thanks! It seems to be of the proper length. I don't have any resistance while turning the bars in any direction. Again, I didn't do the install myself, so I don't claim to be an expert. Using my untrained eye, I would look to have enough slack. I was think that if there was some type of like adhesive like Teflon wear-bar that would be perfect. I'll probably stop by the dealership once this Chicago weather decides to behave

Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Fivefishwish
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

The soft side of velcro

The following 2 users liked this post by Fivefishwish:
MNtadpole (Yesterday), Will Belden (Yesterday)

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: