Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage with V&H big shots staggered exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 07:12 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Heritage with V&H big shots staggered exhaust

I'm looking at a 17 Heritage, on-line ad, that has the V&H Big Shots staggered exhaust on it. I haven't seen it in person and am not familiar with that exhaust system. I did previously have a V&H Power duals on an 11 touring but a different animal. How loud would that exhaust be. Looking at the V&H site quiet baffles can be had but I put those baffles on the V&H slash cuts on the Fatboy and frankly they were not noticeably quieter than the original. Would like a subjective and objective evaluation of the system or am I likely to want to replace the whole thing with something tamer for old fart ears that have hearing loss. Note that for ear damage due to sounds, loud noises like loud exhaust hurt.

Thanks

Old 06-19-2019, 09:22 PM
Serge A. Storms
Road Captain
Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

I have the Big Shots Long with the quiet baffles on my 2014 Heritage. They are loud as hell with significant popping and burbling on decel even after tuning.

I cant wait to get rid of them, I have old fart ears too. I am going to go with a D&D Fat Cat 2:1 I think. I want the bike to sound good, but not ear splitting or annoying.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:56 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior

Thanks frankly that's what I'm expecting to "hear". If I decide to go for it I'll likely negotiate the price down to cover replacement.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:16 PM
sire86
Tourer
Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

I have the V&H staggered big shots on my fat boy , they are loud..... sound real good to me but loud

Last edited by sire86; 06-19-2019 at 10:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RANGER73 (06-24-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 02:21 PM
CaptainKirk
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I have the V&H big shots long with the standard baffles. S&S Air cleaner and an FP3 tuner. I went from stock mufflers customized by American Custom Exhaust which weren't as loud but I just love the long pipe look. The V&H pipes are loud. Maybe just a bit too loud. I'm looking at the D&K Thunder Torque inserts (much less cost than the V&H quiet baffles) to town down the bark but keep the rumble. With your pipes shorter, the sound will be closer to you and probably louder.

Good luck with your choice!

Old 06-22-2019, 08:58 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 802 Likes on 538 Posts

I had the V&H BS Staggered on my Dyna, I swapped out the Samson Rip Saws that were on there because they were alarm setters, and to be quite honest, the Big Shots were pretty loud too, not as bad, but I did like the tone. I will say I'm a bit disappointed in my V&H Straight Shots I installed on my 05 Heritage, I wasn't a fan of mumble rumble the V&H Slip Ons that the previous owner had just installed and wanted a full exhaust, they're significantly louder then the Slip On's but not as loud as the BS Staggereds were. Also from what I've been told by my Indy was the Pro Pipe can be pretty loud too.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:45 PM
LexFFEMT
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 09 FXCW with V&H short shots yes LOUD Love the look though

Old 06-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior

Won't be an issue though. Bike is for sale from a GA independent dealer and doesn't allow test rides. I may buy a specific NEW bike without a test ride, but I won't buy a used one without riding it. Told them so and they are out of consideration. Plenty of bikes available.

Thanks to all who replied.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:29 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,785 Likes on 1,670 Posts

I have Big Shot Staggered piles on my 06 Heritage. I have no popping on decel nor much gurgling, but it has been dyno tuned. Everyone says it sounds good and fairly loud, even with the quiet baffles.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:40 PM
FLSTC-Dave
Road Captain
Received 351 Likes on 188 Posts

I have BSS with quiet baffles on my '14 Heritage. Heck, they're under the bag and and behind me and don't mind them at all. They sound and look great! I have a bullet extreme a/c with FP3 and have zero decel pop. 360* degree heat shields provide some pretty cool running pipes. Easy access to axle bolt and wheel cleaning. I'd keep em man

Quick Reply: Heritage with V&H big shots staggered exhaust