Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe seat fitment

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:28 PM
GatorDeluxe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe seat fitment

I have searched every way I know how to find the answer but came up with nothing. I have my eye on a couple different solo seats but they exclude the Deluxe from the bikes they fit. I seem to remember seeing something about being able to mount other softail seats on the Deluxe by removing a couple plugs and getting bolts for those holes. Is the mounting arrangement the only difference between the Deluxe and other softails? (besides the 200mm tire models) Are the fenders and struts the same on all the softails? Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:14 PM
spike95
Road Master
Default RE: Deluxe seat fitment

Well, there are a couple differences in mounting locations, but the dimensions are all the same. The rear mounting bolt, where the back of the pillionattaches, is 1" further back than the rest of the softails. The other difference is the two large mounting bolts on the rear of the solo. Those two things are unique to the Deluxe. If you are ordering a one piece two up seat, then all you'll need to do is get a little piece of steel to use as your rear mounting taband drill it to fit. As fora solo, I think it would depend on the particular seat. Should not be that difficult though. Hell, the seat I put on mine isn't even made for a twin cam softy at all, but the angles roughlymatched. I just have some industrial strength velcro under it and it holds just fine. I realize that a lot of people might not be comfortable with that, but I've never had a problem. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting a seat to fit your Deluxe. To remove the big mounting studs, just unscrew the tops and the backing plate they are attached to will pop right out under the fender. You can grab it easily by lifting up the plastic cover that your ignition module is attached to. Way easier than removing the fender to get to it. Hope that helps.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:27 AM
07deluxe
Road Captain

I modified a fatboy seat with a deluxe bracket to fit my deluxe.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Hogdazz
Intermediate

I put a Softail Springer (2002) on my Deluxe and it fit perfectly in the front and rear two bolts. I sit further back and it has a higher chrome back rail.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:31 PM
FKNDLX
Banned

just about any softail seat will fit a deluxe, some use the rear bolts like the factory seat and some bold into the threaded area to the back/sides of the factory seat into the frame (remove the plugs). If you look at any of the higher end brands (Mustang, Danny Gray, Corbin) you will see what took me forever to figure out.