Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FATBOY HISTORY POLL, WHAT DO YOU THINK?LAST DAY.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:41 PM
FATBOYUSA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FATBOY HISTORY POLL, WHAT DO YOU THINK?LAST DAY.

I am interested in seeing how many people believe the FATBOY history. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, here is a quick summary. The story goes the HARLEY DAVIDSON named the FATBOY after the two bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki at the end of WW2. The evidence is that the FATBOY logo looks alot like the Airforce logo of the time, the two bombs were called Fatman and and Littleboy, and that the bombs had seven yellow lines pinted on them. The original 1990 FATBOYS were gun metal grey and had solid disc wheelsjust like the B-29 bombers that dropped the bombs. The FATBOY logo looks alot like the airforce logo of the time, the original FATBOYS also had seven yellow lines in different places around the bike as did thebombsand that HARLEY DAVIDSON took the FATand BOYname partsfrom the bombs names and combined them to make the name FATBOY. Also on the '07 and'08 models the holes in the rims are the size of 50 cal. bullet holes, the same used by theB-29 bomber planes and if you look at the studs on the '07 and '08 seat, saddle bagsand the leather conchotrim ontop of the gas tank,theylook like bullet tips instead of just round studs. There are two rumors on why HARLEY DAVIDSON did all this; 1) to commemorate our victory in WW2 over the japs and 2) that HARLEY DAVIDSONS NEW FATBOY was going to be such a huge hit with the global market that it would help HARLEY DAVIDSON dominate the large bike market and make them a powerful company, the only in the USA. AND 3) to kind of rub it in the japenese's faces that HARLEY DAVIDSON and the USA were back to stay.

Please tell why you feel the way you do.

The first time that I saw a FATBOY was when TERMINATOR 2 came out and I knew the bike was a HARLEY DAVIDSON, but I had no idea what model. I went to work that night and asked my biker friends. They told me that it was A HARLEY DAVIDSONFATBOY. I was instantly in love with that FATBOY. It took me 17 years to get one, but I finaly got one. LOL.
When did you guys first see one and how long did it take to get yours?

Old 10-10-2007, 05:31 PM
billfitt
Cruiser
Default RE: FATBOY HISTORY POLL

no i don't believe the story but it sure would cool if it was true.

bill

Old 10-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Bathog
Intermediate

Good old Snopes says this one is false.I read an article once where ***** G. denied the rumor too. I still like the story, either there are tons of coincidences or someone had quite the imagination to come up with all of these facts. Sometimes there is truth behind rumors, even if all the talking heads deny them.

http://www.snopes.com/business/market/fatboy.asp

Old 10-10-2007, 05:55 PM
chop09
Tourer

Well put bathog...

Old 10-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Duder
Advanced

Of course they are going to deny the origin, are you insane enough to think otherwise? In this politically correct society we are in, everyone from Sung Soo Kim to Jesse Jackson would be petitioning with their cronies at every plant. Can you imagine the fallout from such negative publicity on the almighty stock value?

Two or three similarities is a coincidence...7 or 8 direct links to the ol bombers and bombs is too much to cast doubt on in my opinion. I for one believe it and Love it.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:09 PM
TexasFatboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe it....

I also believe Harley Davidson would never commit corporate suicide by actually admitting the truth behind the Fat Boy.

Wasn't the FB released on the 45th aniversary of the attack? Anybody confirm this?

Old 10-10-2007, 08:02 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

its true

Old 10-10-2007, 08:18 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: TexasFatboy

I believe it....

I also believe Harley Davidson would never commit corporate suicide by actually admitting the truth behind the Fat Boy.

Wasn't the FB released on the 45th aniversary of the attack? Anybody confirm this?
Fat Boy was introduced in 1990. Pearl Harbor attack was in 1941.
War ended in 1945 shortly after our attack on Japan

Old 10-10-2007, 09:26 PM
FATBOYUSA
Tourer

ORIGINAL: TexasFatboy

I believe it....

I agree completely. I also am proud to have won WW2 and especialy after what the japs did at Pearl Harbor. AMERICAS COLORS DON'T RUN!

Old 10-11-2007, 05:21 AM
TexasFatboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fat Boy was introduced in 1990. Pearl Harbor attack was in 1941.
War ended in 1945 shortly after our attack on Japan
My bad....I was refering to the Atomic Bomb attack on Japanon August 6/9th of 1945. I was told the FatBoy was released 45 years (to the day) on the aniversary. I can't find any info to confirm though?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FATBOY HISTORY POLL, WHAT DO YOU THINK?LAST DAY.