Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust for Softail Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:21 PM
MarkAndrew
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust for Softail Deluxe

Purchased a 2007 Softail Deluxe and I want to exchange out the stock pipes. I've heard that 2-into-1 might give best overall performance, but true duels can be close while preserving a more nostalgic look. Performance is my primary motivation, though nice rumbling sound without being obnoxious would be great. I do a fair amount of riding on major slabs, but also want good performance for my city jaunts. What have others done with the Softail Deluxe? True Duels or 2-into-1? What brand? Reinhart? Vance & Hines? Things to consider? Thanks!

Old 10-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Dunk 2
Cruiser
Default RE: Exhaust for Softail Deluxe

There's been quite a few posts on this topic. I went with the V & H true duals. Some say they cause a reduction in hp.......... If that's the case, I haven't noticed. IMHO, they look and sound great and are consistent with the nostalgic look of the Deluxe.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16782/4C393A4331EA4C5DAA74F044741D4C74.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want the performance improvement of a 2 into 1 and yet preserve the vintage retro look of the Deluxe you will have a hard time finding a better fit that the Roadhouse Pipe.

The following 2 users liked this post by Luxe:
09FLSTN (12-15-2020), Low budget Dan (12-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2007, 09:12 PM
PA Harley
Advanced

I'll weigh in with V&H Big Shot Longs. Great look and great sound !!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/30360/EDAB572FACDA423CB4ECC9922CC6F5EA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 PM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer

True duals. Haven't noticed any performance loss and still have the look and sound.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:39 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Personally I think the Vance and Hines true duels have the best nostalgic look on the deluxe. The two into one may give you a little better performance but in my opinion it leaves the left side of the bike wanting. As far as performance I have not noticed any loss at all even with the fishtails. If there is any it would not be enough to sacrifice the look in my opinion. If you like the nostalgic look go with the true duels you will still have a gain in performance over the stock exhaust. it also allows you the option of bigger and better bags if your into that. one other thing when you remove the stock exhaust it opens up the rear wheel on the right side. on my bike this was huge it let the chrome swing arm and wheel, caliper show and made a huge difference.the stock exhaust goes right across the center of the wheel hiding every thing.the best looking two into one on a deluxe that i have seen is on luxe's deluxe the roadhouse pipe

Old 10-16-2007, 07:18 AM
ronyd
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best to checkout the Exhaust section of this forum. Also, check out this link, which this guy has a dyno run on Fatcats 2:1 vs. VH longshot 2:2 for his bike.
http://www.*****************/forums/sh...d.php?t=113785

for me, looks like a toos up between FatCats or RbRacing LSR's. The other 2:1's, like, basssani road rage, supertrapp supermegs, V&H propipe, have the megaphone style which I'm not a fan of. I like to more straight flow style.

I'm just a little concerned with ground clearance with the FatCats. But, from inputs from the forum, not a big deal. Haven;t run into anyone runningwith the FatCats. Look at the pics section, and you'll find all the exhausts that are being used.

get more inputs and info from forum. I gained a lot of knowledge on this topic.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:23 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Anyonehave the new screaming eagle slip on's ? I also want to change,but i don't want screaming loud pipes.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:09 AM
momoharley
Intermediate

I put the SE slip-ons on my deluxe, it is louder than stock but not too loud.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:00 PM
harleybiker
Tourer

I just installed V&H Pro Pipes 2 into 1. Love the look, performance and sound. Works for me

hb

Quick Reply: Exhaust for Softail Deluxe