Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

honda buying HARLEY?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:00 AM
purple haze
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda buying HARLEY?

I was looking at CYCLE magazine on the new hayabusa, but saw a note about honda may be buying HARLEY!!?? Has any one else seen or heard of it? That is SCARY!

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/43FF9637D2C3425FBF61DFD5E4336D63.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Trevor74702
Cruiser
Default RE: honda buying HARLEY?

Thats some crazy shiat! I have not heard anything about this. Would you mind giving detail info on the magazine that you read this in.

Thanks,

Old 07-14-2007, 10:24 AM
tbenson
Cruiser

Posted on here before as an untrue rumor. Who knows though, $$$ makes rumors reality in Big Business today!

Old 07-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard this rumor. That Harley was to merge companies with Ducati.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:20 PM
purple haze
Road Master

I saw this yesterday friday 13th at magazine rack and the mag. is CYCLE or CYCLE WORLD, it is new issue with new suziki hayabusa on the front cover and I'M a used to be speed freak so wanted to check out new BUSA, and in some foot notes I READ that HONDA is consedering buying HARLEY DAVIDSON, I'M not making it up and this is a major SPORTBIKE magazine, all I know is HARLEY had a Chitty build year on SOME of there 07's and sells have been down, now 08 looks like same song and dance, I have not read any where theyare going to fix all the WRONG things, just showing new colors and a new wide tire chopper, what about the heat and lean running bikes, even bikes leaking oil again like my 1974 A.M.F. SUPERGLIDE leaked so much never had to change oil, it was like a constant transfusion, any way I have a gut feeling ***** G. wants to cash in his chips and retire in luxury, maybe not true but I read the SHORT articule, please do not shot the messenger, I would hate to see HONDA take over our only real AMERICAN MOTORCYCLE! I got sick in my stomach, just like all the biker shows on the speed channel, 'V' TWIN MAGAZINE started slowly doing metrics, and then AMERICAN THUNDER is doing metrics (JAP) bikes, even a yamaha v star won first place at DAYTONA bike build off and heeven said as he was handed trophy thatthis proves yamahas are the best V twin, a few years ago he would had that trophy put in his trophy box for comment that used to be a HARLEY RALLY, all right I know my writing skills suck and I run my mouth but this CHIT SUCKS!!! PURPLE HAZE.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/A0F2B73F5D384059AE7A603F9DA0FB74.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-14-2007, 05:29 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Honda buying Harley would be the two biggest motorcycle producers merging. This would violate some major anti-trust laws. That is unless Honda bought Harley and just shut it down, but I don't see that happening.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:41 AM
06_ironhorse
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from my understanding when companies like this merge it is manly for a more stable monetary foundation and backing...you dont see chryslers' that look like mercedes...or jaguars that look like fords etc...I am sure if the rumor is true it is mainly to protect the bottom line not to mix breed (i hope not anyway) the two companies...strictly business
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-15-2007, 02:42 AM
agedwards63
Road Master

No need for Honda to shut down Harley if they merge... I am sure not another new Harley will ever be sold.... I am sure this is a spoof

Old 07-15-2007, 03:08 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2007...son-rumors.htm
See story at Link - "There's absolutely no truth to it," Honda spokeswoman Makiko Yoshida said in Tokyo on Monday.

The Harley-Ducati merger is easier to believe. Completely different bikes so they don't compete with each other and keep their own strong brands. I'm sure Ducati would like access to hundreds of Harley showrooms.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not going to happen. I'm a stockholder and I will vote no if it ever comes up.

Quick Reply: honda buying HARLEY?