Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big City Thunder , Awesome!!!!

Old 01-26-2006, 12:04 AM
Dr. Fatboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big City Thunder , Awesome!!!!

I have a 2004 Fatboy. I originally went stage I with the Screamin Eagle II exhaust. This sounded good. Later went with the V&H Bigshot Staggered exhaust, and PCIII. This sounds great and has good performance. Is there more to be gained with the Thunder Monster in terms of sound? Will there be loss in performance? I just looked at the Power Commander site and don't see any configurations with the Thunder Monster so I suppose one would have to get the bike on a dyno. Thx

Old 01-30-2006, 08:03 PM
Gerard
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Thunder Monsters saved me over $500. I have the V&H Straightshots which have a bit of a high pitched raspy exhaust note. I was pleased with the performance but wanted a deeper tone. Was about to purchase a new system then heard some good reviews on the Thunder Monsters. I decided to order a set and give them a try. I placed an order and got them the next day (I live 15 miles from where there made in Charlotte). After about a 5 minute installation time I cranked her up and WOW what a nice deep tone these have....slightly louder yes but not obnoxious. Can't say I see a big improvement in performance over stock baffles though. For those thinking they can make there own.....why? Buy em and try em, if you don't like them then sell them. I believe there is more engineering in these things than a pipe reducer and lollipop.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:33 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,206 Likes on 460 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gerard

For those thinking they can make there own.....why? Buy em and try em, if you don't like them then sell them. I believe there is more engineering in these things than a pipe reducer and lollipop.
All these things are is a machined pipe reducer and lollipop. I made my own years ago, long before these were available. I make my own now because I can, because I like to make my own stuff, and because when I'm done I've spent less than $10 for something that does the job as well as these do for street use. If I was worried about extracting the last bit of power, I'd run a 2 into 1 header/collector for the street, or open drag pipes for the strip.

Don't be knocking us shade tree types!

Old 01-31-2006, 05:40 PM
campdreamer47
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Confused[sm=dontgetit.gif]. Are you all saying that one can buy these Thunder Monsters stick then up your original exhausts that came with your bike without any other changes...jetting etc and get a great rumble. Clear this up a little more could ya for us dah types. Also where can you get them on the net?

Old 01-31-2006, 06:28 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to know this also.

Old 01-31-2006, 06:36 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You will definitely have to rejet.
They are a very simple design.
Although pococj likes to build his own, I just as soon let BCT build them for me, dyno them and deliver them to my door for $80.00
But that's just me...

Old 01-31-2006, 07:06 PM
campdreamer47
Tourer

Okay so you have to rejet when using the Thunder Monsters thanks for clearing that up George>but it still sound from reading this thread anyway that for around a $100.00 Canadian I could have a much better sound over stock. Rick I'm Glad somebody else wanted to know some more about this I'm shopping as I write. And pococj you gots the know how there buddy...how about doing us up some for my Heritage. no they don't have to be chrome[sm=lol.gif]

Old 02-01-2006, 12:51 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,206 Likes on 460 Posts

ORIGINAL: campdreamer47

Confused[sm=dontgetit.gif]. Are you all saying that one can buy these Thunder Monsters stick then up your original exhausts that came with your bike without any other changes...jetting etc and get a great rumble. Clear this up a little more could ya for us dah types. Also where can you get them on the net?
They're not made to stick up stock pipes. They're made to use in drag or open pipes to prevent reversion and get some back pressure. As someone pointed out, they are possible to use with baffles, but they'll need to be pretty free-flowing baffles.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:50 AM
campdreamer47
Tourer

Now I got it...thanks pococj...I though it was to much to think that you could change the stock pipes that easy and cheap.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:43 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it fair to say that you remove the baffles from your current pipes and then just replace them with the bigcity thunders?Also i heard that since in my case i have the stage1 and wont need to to remap?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big City Thunder , Awesome!!!!