Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big City Thunder , Awesome!!!!

Old 01-19-2006, 04:30 PM
budzilla
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big City Thunder , Awesome!!!!

Just put in a set of Big City Thunder "Thunder Monsters Baffles" in my Python Staggered Duals on my 06 Night Train . One word sums them up "Awesome" I could not believe the sound and performance , best bang for the buck yet. It really woke up the midrange , feels like an entire different bike . It made the other mods all come together , SE air cleaner, stage 2 download , Pythons , incredible . I don't mean to sound like an add for them , but , they have to tried to be believed. Best mod yet ...

Old 01-19-2006, 07:36 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Big City Thunder , Awesome!!!!

Well, I sure hope so..
I have a set going in my Big Radius.
I want loud and I want deep..
I don't really worry about the neighbors because we all get along very well. Kids like each other and we all spend a lot of time together enjoying those beautiful summer nights. But, there is one bad apple in the bunch, and I plan on shaking their teeth loose each and every morning!

Old 01-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Tinker Bell
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the Big City do you have to rejet the Carb.? I know I had to when I put on the V & H Big Shots? This is probably going to be the next thing I do.

Old 01-20-2006, 10:30 AM
DMSC
Road Master

How much louder are they?

Old 01-20-2006, 08:56 PM
BarryMcCockiner
1st Gear

I agree that the Thunder Monsters sound great although I don't think there is much performance difference in pipes that already flow well. I'd have to see a dyno sheet to believe it. I also put them in Python dual staggereds and the sound was worth buying them. To answer the loudness question....they are loud. Similar to pipes with no baffles but they do take a little of the "edge" off.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:38 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 145 Posts

Hi all,

I agree with all posters here. I put in a set last summer. Originally put in SE 16 ga. exhaust with Stage 1. Really like the look of the pipes (V&H knock-off), but was underwhelmed by exhaust note. Simple install, did it myself and I am not by any means "mechanical". They are loud, but not raspy, and have a very deep tone. The people at Big City are extremely helpful. I recommend them if you are looking for louder without sacrificing performance.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:56 PM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer

I had a set put on my Deluxe with V&H Longshots but took them off because I lost way too much low end torque as compared to the stock V&H baffles. Maybe I needed to re-jet? But you're right, they are loud and if that's what you're looking for, that's cool. I am happy with the stock V&H baffles along with the low end torque I re-gained when I put them back in.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:02 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

My guess is that your long pipes with a stock baffle work much better than the short junk that most of us run. Reversion isn't a problem with longer pipes, so you may not see the dramatic improvement we with the short pipes see... That little washer sends a pulse right back up the short pipe and helps with horsepower sapping reversion.
A simple needle adjustment might have yielded better results for your combo, but I doubt it..

Old 01-24-2006, 11:06 PM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer

Well it's a shame, because I really did like the sound that came out of them. They were awesome!

Old 01-24-2006, 11:10 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

If the sound was worth the trouble, I did read somewhere that a guy welded the BCT baffles in front of the stockers, and received a quieter, but deep sound.
I don't know if I would want to run a combo like that. Sounds cobbled up to me...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big City Thunder , Awesome!!!!