Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   Bummer! My XBones Sissybar is Bent (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/216237-bummer-my-xbones-sissybar-is-bent.html)

Dogmann 04-05-2008 10:20 AM

RE: Bummer! My XBones Sissybar is Bent

Thats the TYPE of bar I want for my NT, but why do I have to relocate the signals....? Is there a bar like that -that I would not have to relocate my signals?

tnharley7 04-05-2008 11:47 AM

Dogmann, the reason is for the quick disconnect mechanism to work the stock turnsignal black fin mount hits the rotating plastic release for the quick disconnect. Now White Guy did not like having to remove the nice looking black fin and replacing it with a chrome hollow bolt so he cut the fork piece off the end of the sissybar, touched it up with gloss paint and did not use the quick disconnect feature, but hard bolted it to the rear rail bolts.

BTL, you showed the wrong side of your bike, lets see the Rush mufflers...Jerry

screamn_eagle 04-05-2008 11:48 AM

man that sucks. put my wife on the back yesterday for the first time and the bar is reclined so far that she looks like shes laying down when she leans against it. i think its more for looks than functionality

lionsm13 04-05-2008 11:52 AM

UPS is great aren't they?
Bust up a lot of stuff.

tnharley7 04-05-2008 12:30 PM

How did your wife like the passenger pillion? My wife looked at it yesterday in the box and sort of frowned..it is much smaller than her seat on the Ultra or the Mustang passenger seat that I had on my 99 Softail Custom. Oh well, if she doesn't like it, then I will ride the Ultra when she goes along, otherwise I guess the XBones will be mine :) :)

f ecstasy 04-05-2008 11:19 PM

lol... that's not a coincidence is it?

6165hd 04-05-2008 11:34 PM

Tn, ....can Chicago HD give you your money back for the damaged part? instead of switching the part.Or have them have Harley Ship it direct to your house instead of it going 3rd party...I couldn't wait for two weeks to set up if the local hd had the part in stock,,, Not sure if Chicago hd will be able to make up for the lost time and the inconvience??

tnharley7 04-06-2008 08:28 AM

Unfortunately the local dealer doesn't have the sissybar in stock either and it would be the whole $200 plus almost 10% in taxes, whereas it was $160 at CHD and no sales tax and minimum shipping, and for the new one no shipping. I look at it this way, that's 2 more weeks that I can ride it solo :)

BTL 04-06-2008 10:03 AM

Hey tnharley dont have any pics of the rush pipes on it yet but it would'nt matter, they look exactly alike, unless you look right up the pipe. My wife hates the pilion seat, shes used to the 79, but told her I was comfy on my seat.;)

[IMG]local://upfiles/54575/84C78669805F471AB38F3F54316365DB.jpg[/IMG]

pvtryno 04-07-2008 10:43 AM

That sissy bar looks hella sweet. Does that back rest come with the sissy bar or is that a seperate purchase? Looking at the pics on the HD website it seems to come with it?