Replacing fuel pump assy for efi tank? - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.

Replacing fuel pump assy for efi tank?

P

Old 06-01-2017, 03:07 PM

I know this post hasn't been updated but while looking online, I couldn't find an answer to my specific make and model. I appreciate the knowledge gained in this forum and wanted to share my 2 cents. I have a 2015 Harley 48, After watching youtube videos and reading about removing the fuel pump, I tried it. For my case, there was no extended arm that needed to be pushed with a long object like a screw driver. After patiently pulling up on the unit, the final part just needs to be turned a bit towards the center of the gas tank and it comes right out. Took about 10 minutes to do after removing the tank. I'm no mechanic so I'm confident that if I can do it, you can too.

P

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any videos on fuel pump assy removal? Mchad New "Rushmore" Models 1 08-19-2017 09:45 AM
Fuel Pump and ECM lwrd81 Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection 3 08-04-2017 09:44 PM
Optional HD brand Speedo assy questions Royw General Topics/Tech Tips 2 07-28-2017 07:35 PM
WTK: Interchanging Softail Fenders & Tank from Years 2000-2005 ultravista Softail Models 15 03-17-2017 05:52 PM
Softail EFI fuel pump plate cover 75132-01b for carb to efi tank conversion Bagged64 Softail Parts 4 07-06-2016 01:43 PM

Tags
2002, changing, davidson, efi, fatboy, filter, fuel, harley, pump, remove, removing, replace, replacing, softail, softtail, tank