Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floorboards on A Night Train, Can it be Done?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 03:38 AM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Floorboards on A Night Train, Can it be Done?

i don't see why you couldn't just buy boards from a fatboy or deluxe and bolt them right on. I have a deluxe and am changing to forward pegs and apparently they mount right up. I'll update you once I get them....they should be here early next week.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: haksaw

i don't see why you couldn't just buy boards from a fatboy or deluxe and bolt them right on. I have a deluxe and am changing to forward pegs and apparently they mount right up. I'll update you once I get them....they should be here early next week.
When I had my Heritage I looked at going the other way - remove the boards and put pegs on. It wasn't a straight out bolt on as the brake cylinder set up has to be changed to accommodate the floorboard bracket and clear the pipes. The standard Harley parts didn't work out on a straight swap either as the frame mountings were different (EVO Heritage Vs EVO Classic). There were after market parts (non Harley) available to do the conversion but I didn't go ahead with it as it was too costly (mate did it and it cost him $ AU 700).
I'm not sure if a straight swap can be done on the twin cam frames as I have just been through the Harley catalouge and all they have are the heel attachements that go just below the pegs (the FL and FX parts are not interchangeable). There are after market boards that go in place of the pegs (probably the ones mentioned by pococj) but they go more forward and are not same as on FL models.
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I'm interested if it is a straight out swap on the twin cam frames.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: terryt1955

ORIGINAL: Billman

Floorboards?? On a Night Train??

What's next...An Automatic Transmission so you don't have to be bothered with shifting?

Sell it before you ruin it and buy a Touring Bike.

Something with Cruise Control, Surround Sound, Auto Pilot, Apple *** seat, etc...
I'm sure the author of this thread was looking for constructive replies. If he wants to put a toilet seat on his train that's his business.

Terry
Not a bad idea Terry as we get older. Saves stopping at every pub for a pit stop

Old 02-27-2006, 08:27 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen pictures of it done. I got to believe it's very simple to do since the softail frames are mostly the same. Just call your dealer, and I'm sure they will be able to say for sure.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:00 PM
beastmaster
Intermediate

i would reccomend stir ups brother

Old 02-27-2006, 06:49 PM
alpineskiman
2nd Gear

I second that opinion^^^^^. Kuryakyn makes a nice set of iso stirups that look good and would be more comfy.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:32 PM
LRonHoover
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The MOCO has a nice set of Heel Rests for Softails. I bought a set for my Train and I'm very happy.

P/N 50227-01

Old 02-27-2006, 11:32 PM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought I wanted to add floor boards on my softail but decided on installing heel rest instead. I really like them and were easy to install.

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2006, 03:14 PM
ultravista
Road Captain

I've already got the heel rests but I don't feel they are all that comfortable on a longer ride.

Looking at the Fatboy, those floorboards look pretty comfortable. Just looking for a place to rest my feet.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Bluebear
Cruiser

I have passenger floorboards on my Night Train (Kuryakyn). For me, I prefer the forward controls. Very comfortable on long rides!

Quick Reply: Floorboards on A Night Train, Can it be Done?