Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uh,I might need some help after today.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Harleyriding77
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Uh,I might need some help after today.....

So I ride out to my local dealer and they are having a demo ride day. My brother in law signs up for the rocker. I say what the hell and sign up for the Ultra Classic. We ride out for 8 miles and return to the dealer and now Im looking at the heritage and then looking back and the geezer glide and thinking that damn well could be my next bike. DAMNIT IM ONLY 31 years old.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:26 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I was at a demo ride today in Portsmouth, VA as well and also rode a touring bike. It was a Street Glide and it was very difficult to leave the dealership without buying one. When I am ready to move on from the Street Bob it looks like I will be getting on a touring bike of some sort. The fact that the dealership did not have any 09 Street Glides on the floor and the fact that the guy that sold me my bike was not there made it a little easier to walk out the door.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:28 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 159 Likes on 98 Posts

mental note - stay off the touring bikes.. lol!

Old 08-16-2008, 09:01 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just demo rode an 09 Street Glide. It is like driving a Gold Wing; it is SO comfortable.

I just traded my 06 Street Glide for an 08 Cross Bones, but thought long and hard about the 09 SG. My 06 SG was a great bike, but wanted something different.

However, I realized I still believe the adage "fashion over function" still is alive and well in me. lol.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:05 PM
6gears
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I feel your pain!

I went to our local dealer a few weeks ago and they had a street glide with a 103" kit on it, MP3, very nice. The salesman fell in love with my 06 softail and said if I paid the transfer fees and doc, I could leave the softail and ride the glide home!! I am only 32 and I am not sure I am ready for a glide yet, but that offer was DAMN tempting! I told the salesman that if I came home with it my wife would cut my sack and I was just going to forget we even talked to each other, LOL.......

Old 08-16-2008, 09:43 PM
kentuckydave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the big ride (Ultra) and after a while it got heavy, real heavy. I traded last year for a FXSTC and its the best thing I ever did. Brought back the sporty feel and quick response even tho I think the 96B motor is a slow vibrating POS. I really enjoy the lighter bike now. I will admit I miss some of the goodies like floor boards and cruise control.

Just a different view on everyone going to the big cruisers. Big bikes made up most of the rides at Sturgis last week.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:43 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

To each his own. I took the 09 street glide for a test ride and didn't like it at all. I really wanted to like it but it just didn't do anything for me. Two biggest impressions were useless windshield and alot of vibration. Guess I'm just a softail guy.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:45 PM
2wheels4ever
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This was my demo ride and I bought it. I'm almost 50 and no way am I riding a bike with whitewalls. No offense to the old dudes around here

Big Al

Old 08-16-2008, 10:12 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 159 Likes on 98 Posts

I don't see myself ever getting one, but who knows. I haven't ever ridden a bagger. Right now, I'm thankful that I'm still young enough to sacrifice comfort for looks.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:38 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

A SG or a RK will probably come at some point, maybe a 2017 model for my 40th birthday. However, it will be parked next to my 06 Fatboy hopefuly. Man just think, 9 more years of moding the Fatboy, what will it look like by then?
Seriously, put 80 miles on the Fatty today, still love the ride and balance of the bike.

Quick Reply: Uh,I might need some help after today.....