Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to lower my softail deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:27 PM
bogdancocan
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to lower my softail deluxe

i do have a deluxe 2008 and i wanna lower it , do you know what i need to have to do it?
thank you!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:41 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There are a lot of options: lowrering studs - cheap but you will have to have them installed unless you have a press to take the shocks apart. They go on your stock shocks.
Aftermarket shocks such as progressive 422s, etc. - a little more pricey but probably a better quality ride.
I went with a set of profile low lowering shocks from HD. Got'em from a forum member for a really good price. Lowered my ride about 1 inch.

Don't the Deluxes come lowered from the factory?

Old 08-25-2008, 09:44 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

HD (as well as others) sells lowering kits that will lower it an inch or so. HD (as well as others) also sells ajustable shocks which will lower it an inch or so. There are after market shocks that will lower it 2-3 inches. There are also after market air shock systems that will slam it to the ground or raise it to stock with the push of a button. You just need to decide how low you want to go and how much money you want to spend. Then search HD or e-bay or the internet in general.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Lucky 13
Road Master

Shock extenders are less than $200 and will push the swing arm out, lowering the bike up to 1.75" and a custom seat will give you another 1" or 2". Be careful, the wiring runs through the inside, top of the fender. You might remove the seat, put a wire down through the screw hole to the top of the tire before and then again after you adjust the extenders. the differance is how much you lowered the fender.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:41 PM
creb
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 08 Deluxe as well. They come an inch lower in the rear than a heritage or fatboy, but the front is 1 inch higher like the rest. I put the 1 inch lowering kit on the front to make it level. It was really important to me because i have long shotgun pipes and they werent looking level to the ground.

I went with the profile low kit from HD. Look around ebay for a good deal. It takes a while, but its a pretty simple job. Its just a pain to get the shocks apart and back together because of the pressure. Have a buddy help.

If you do this, take out the handle bar risers, and get a low profile seat, you can get a pretty good low look and feel compared to stock. Good luck!