Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painting Rocker fender ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:25 PM
EviltwinRocker
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Rocker fender ?'s

Hey all, quick question for those of you that have the Heartland EZ Rocker. Approx. how much did it cost to have the fender and rock guard painted? I want to keep the flame paint job rather than have all of the tins repainted. I kinda like the pearl black on the gloss.

On a side note, does anyone know of a reputable painter in the Chicagoland/Northwest Indiana area that can replicate the flame job that's not going to analy rape me?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

Old 11-24-2008, 10:54 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I just took mine to be painted....

...I'm in Portland Oregon...the dealership here actually recommended a painter and he's doing my fender and rock guards for $400.00. I have the red colored Rocker C and he's putting the flames on it like the tank and front fender has...I've seen some of his other work on Rockers and he does a pretty good job... I hope this helps you out.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhummer
...I'm in Portland Oregon...the dealership here actually recommended a painter and he's doing my fender and rock guards for $400.00. I have the red colored Rocker C and he's putting the flames on it like the tank and front fender has...I've seen some of his other work on Rockers and he does a pretty good job... I hope this helps you out.
let me ask you this. how is the painter re-producing the flames on the fenders?

I'm chopping my rear fender and installing a new front one and the stealer and the indy shop told me that they wouldn't be able to replicate the front fender because they couldn't get the stensils (flames) from HD and if the flames were re-painted by hand then they probably wouldn't look the same as the ones on the tank.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:56 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
let me ask you this. how is the painter re-producing the flames on the fenders?

I'm chopping my rear fender and installing a new front one and the stealer and the indy shop told me that they wouldn't be able to replicate the front fender because they couldn't get the stensils (flames) from HD and if the flames were re-painted by hand then they probably wouldn't look the same as the ones on the tank.
Any decent painter can replicate your paint job. One option they would use would be to take a pic of the existing flames, pop it into a PC, then use their plotter to cut a vinyl stencil. I think $400 sounds reasonable and would be about what you should expect to pay. If you find someone that will do it very cheap - run away.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:55 AM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

$400 is a real reasonable price.. I repainted everything myself on mine without the flames.. Paint and primer were $200.. There's prep time involved and time to layout the flames..

Old 11-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Any decent painter can replicate your paint job. One option they would use would be to take a pic of the existing flames, pop it into a PC, then use their plotter to cut a vinyl stencil. I think $400 sounds reasonable and would be about what you should expect to pay. If you find someone that will do it very cheap - run away.
i guess that would entail too much work. Oh well, I'm getting my tins painted for free so i guess i shouldn't complaint as long as the color matches lol lol