Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   security system (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/302295-security-system.html)

DaSham58 12-23-2008 02:30 PM

security system

Anyone have security systems on there scooters I am looking into geting one! any advice in what kind and where to look?

hpfatboy 12-23-2008 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by DaSham58 (Post 4274191)
Anyone have security systems on there scooters I am looking into geting one! any advice in what kind and where to look?

Try your local harley stealer. Thats usually where most guys get them installed. Mine came factory installed on my 04 fatboy. Its a nice thing to have, you dont have to always lock your ignition system out when you leave your bike. Once the system is ARMED , nobody can start your bike. Regardless how you left it. Not sure how many different types there are. Im sure i have your basic system, but some have all the bells and whistles. good luck.

57RebelRocker 12-23-2008 03:09 PM

got a pretty reasonable one right from the dealer

km@c 12-23-2008 03:14 PM

I bought one from a Harley dealer on ebay. I did the install myself. The setup is not too complicated if you have the shop manual for your bike. Added the siren to the system and imo it's worth the money. It too came from the same Harley dealer on ebay.

tmitchellof PG 12-23-2008 04:38 PM

My 2005 SE Fat Boy came with the security system and siren. I always set the alarm when I park somewhere other then my garage. I block the bike, in the garage, with my Jeep.
I have though about getting an add on pager, so if I'm in a place and the alarm goes off, I will get notified, on the pager.
Tom

DaSham58 12-24-2008 07:10 AM

I am going to go after the holidays and see about geting one where I got the bike. Thanks guys!

doghair 12-24-2008 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by hpfatboy (Post 4274349)
Its a nice thing to have, you dont have to always lock your ignition system out when you leave your bike. Once the system is ARMED , nobody can start your bike. Regardless how you left it.

Don't forget to change the fob bypass code.

57RebelRocker 12-24-2008 10:30 AM

anytime..happy holidays

BTL 12-24-2008 10:48 AM

Mine came with my cross bones, there nice but they dont weigh enough to keep a few guys from picking the bike up and throwing it in the back of a truck.

BLKnCHRME09Deluxe 12-24-2008 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by BTL (Post 4277718)
Mine came with my cross bones, there nice but they dont weigh enough to keep a few guys from picking the bike up and throwing it in the back of a truck.

i would have to agree with you on this . if someone wants your bike bad enough they're gonna take it. dont think for a second an alarm is gonna keep a crook from taken your ride. ive seen several bike alarms goen off and not a sole even flinches to look.