Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice Needed- Tank stretch pic attached

Old 02-02-2009, 09:05 PM
cleanimages
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Advice Needed- Tank stretch pic attached

Hello- I have an 08 night train that i am doing some work too. Im adding a long rear strutless fender, spoke rear wheel to match front, new visor headlight, Matt Hotch 13 inch bars, new seat (had to make custom one because of fender) and a tank stretch. My question is...I already have the chrome harley console. I dont think it will look good w/ the stretch. Console is straight across where it meets seat and stretch tank part is now curved. Was thinking of cutting it and smoothing edge right under the ignition switch. Anyone else have a stretched tank that did console alteration?

attached bike pic after 1st round of mods, bars will look sorta similiar to ones on there now.

this is my chopper, RIP!, I am matching this exact fender on night train (strutless)

Old 02-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

can't help you with your tank question. but i'm love that other bike you used to have. what happened to it man?

Old 02-02-2009, 09:16 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry no advice about your question but am impressed by your bike

Old 02-02-2009, 09:21 PM
cleanimages
Road Captain

Well, it looked great but was cursed from day 1! it was an american ironhorse tejas then I changed it a bit. Day 1, pull out of shop, go 2 miles and run out of gas! Then another few miles forward control peg came off! Myrtle Beach friend went for a ride, crashed it and I re built again. after many issues, things falling off, break downs, it had a mysterious fire! Actually, my battery tender clip came off, set a spark which ignited battery gases. then carb caught, followed by motor. Repaired again after fire, almost $2000, but traded it after for night train.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:24 AM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry no help. that train looks bad azz already. that stretch is gonna look killa.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cleanimages
Well, it looked great but was cursed from day 1! it was an american ironhorse tejas then I changed it a bit. Day 1, pull out of shop, go 2 miles and run out of gas! Then another few miles forward control peg came off! Myrtle Beach friend went for a ride, crashed it and I re built again. after many issues, things falling off, break downs, it had a mysterious fire! Actually, my battery tender clip came off, set a spark which ignited battery gases. then carb caught, followed by motor. Repaired again after fire, almost $2000, but traded it after for night train.
holy cow. that thing was cursed. sorry to hear that man. i would of called ironhorse and been really pissed. i know their choppers are expensive, you would think they would be good quality.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:30 AM
cleanimages
Road Captain

i didnt even get into the main problems! 2x the petcock started leaking all over th legs (that sounds funny), 2 belts in 1800 miles broken, headlight blown out from vibration, tail light bulbs blown several times from vibration, problem with carb not letting gas pass through in forst few hundred miles....to name a few. at time of fire, only 1800 miles on bike!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cleanimages
i didnt even get into the main problems! 2x the petcock started leaking all over th legs (that sounds funny), 2 belts in 1800 miles broken, headlight blown out from vibration, tail light bulbs blown several times from vibration, problem with carb not letting gas pass through in forst few hundred miles....to name a few. at time of fire, only 1800 miles on bike!
wow, did they refund you any money at all???? wow, it's good to know about this, i was always attracted to that brand of choppers. i'm staying away from them now.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats why their out of biz. Much easier to mod a harley they stay together. As far as the stretched tank.

Attached Thumbnails Advice Needed- Tank stretch pic attached-harley-037.jpg  
Old 02-08-2009, 11:41 AM
cleanimages
Road Captain

Lundee- good looking tank and the console looks good on there also.

Here is a few updated pics-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice Needed- Tank stretch pic attached