Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back from Iraq And Still Cant Ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Whoad00d
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Back from Iraq And Still Cant Ride!!!

so im back home from iraq and now the Army says that i can't ride either of my harleys..... bc when i was in iraq so many "motorcyclists" died which actually where all on rockets and 1 was on a harley. ok with that stated i now need to attend a " motorcycle refresher course" which is retarded you know you don't forget how to ride like you don't forget how to fck!!! all these young bucks wanting to go 170 plus and we all get the shaft now! 2 weeks until the earliest class horrilbe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 02:50 PM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome back!

Glad you made it home safe....

They are even making Reservists/National Guard take the MSF course...Im glad I did it when I got my license, just through the number at them and they left me alone for now.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:58 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad you're back and thank you for your service...wished the class was sooner for ya

Old 02-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Could be worse, they could make you ride with a Michelin man Airbag suit, reflective of course.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/airba...bag-jacket.htm
Could be worse than that, could make you ride with the Big Pink Honda Butt bag.
http://world.honda.com/MotorcycleAirbag/

Glad you're back and thank you for your service.

Last edited by Slipstrm; 02-05-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Beerninja
Tourer

Welcome back, glad you made it safe and sound.

Yup it is service wide. I feel for ya. The upside is if you don't live on a base you can still ride the downside is that if something happens to you the military will not pay for medical.

And another downside is all the gear you HAVE to wear while riding borders on insane especially when it starts to warm up, I mean long sleeves gloves etc etc and at night you have to have one of those reflective vests and such, and a DOT helmet no matter what.

I am all for safety but I hate being made to be "safe" especially when it really isn't that much safer

Oh well life goes on I suppose

Old 02-05-2009, 03:41 PM
NewHarleyGear
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I would find a way to get the bike out anyway. If nothing else, for at least one ride.....Not worth losing rank over though. If you were in Fayetteville, I would let you take mine out for a day. Welcome home brother!

Old 02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
das56170
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome back. Hopefully the two weeks goes by fast. The military can be stupid about stuff like this. I've had to take the safety course 3 times and have been through numerous refresher courses. Everytime someone wrecks they start cracking down on the rules. On Camp Pendleton it doesn't matter if you've gone through a safety course in the past, you still have to go through THEIR base safety course before you can ride on base. It gets a little repetitive.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
RomeoKilo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your out of that desert ****hole. Sucks to hear about the refresher. The military is of the mindset that a refresher course will make certain people quit acting like jackasses on their bikes. Oh well whatcha gonna do. All the BS pisses me off to no end sometimes.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

I'd be telling them to go get F*CKED!!!!! You can get shot at for them ,but you can't ride your Harley for you????

And we wonder why this country is so F'ed up!

Go get on your Bike Dude and enjoy it, You've earned it! even more so then the rest of us!

Old 02-05-2009, 04:09 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Welcome Home .. Blows about the refresher.. Hopefully the time goes by quick for you, find other things to keep active...

Quick Reply: Back from Iraq And Still Cant Ride!!!