Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will standard king size winsheild fit with nacelle installed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 10:45 AM
hellfish
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will standard king size winsheild fit with nacelle installed?

I'm thinking about putting a nacelle on my headlamp. Do you guys know if my windsheild will still fit or will I need a different one or modify the one I have?

Old 02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Probably not. I think you need this one.....58649-97A

Old 02-06-2009, 11:17 AM
hellfish
Tourer

dammit! That's what I was afraid of ....man, spending money leads to more spending money!

Old 02-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope Hellfish, won't work. But you can trim yours to make it work. That is my plan. I just got my nacelle installed last weekend. Love the look of it!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
qwispichkn
Tourer

Is this what your looking for?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Freight Train Chrome Headlight Nacelle

If the chrome from this nacelle seems to reflect the image of the 1960's FL models, that's because the spirit of the past is built right in. Bold locomotive styling adds visual strength to the bike's profile, and stretches the rider's view to the horizon when looking over the headlamp. Coupled with the separate purchase of the Chrome Nacelle Hardware Kit P/N 67897-96B, the Nacelle fits with an existing H-D® windshield and/or passing lamps. Kit includes hardware required for installation of the Nacelle with a detachable windshield without passing lamps. Separate Hardware Kit is required when installing Nacelle with passing lamps or rigid mount windshield. For an even bolder look, add a Headlamp Trim Ring P/N 69627-99 or 69733-05.

67907-96C

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '86-later FLST, FLSTF and FLSTC models. '07-later FLSTF requires separate purchase of Riser Kit P/N 56789-05. '09 FLSTC requires separate purchase of Riser Kit P/N 46809-09.

Required Item(s)

Riser Kit for Freight Train Headlight Nacelle

46809-09

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '09 FLSTC models equipped with Freight Train Headlight Nacelle Kit P/N 67907-96C.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:13 PM
hellfish
Tourer

ahhh, thats good news ...thx!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Yosemite
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hellfish
I'm thinking about putting a nacelle on my headlamp. Do you guys know if my windsheild will still fit or will I need a different one or modify the one I have?
Actually bud, having done it, you are looking at a little of all the comments here. First, understand that the Fatboy, Heritage, and Deluxe all share the same headlight and tins setup. The nacelle will replace those tins but are essentially the same size and mounting.

The windshield you have now WILL NOT fit around a nacelle as it is. You will have to trim the headlight opening to get it to fit, and that is not a difficult job.

The mounting kits referenced above contain all the normal mounting pieces you need to "mount" a detachable windshield on a bike that you install a nacelle on. If you already have the windshield mounted, then you have those parts already. Essentially, you disassemble the windshield mounting brackets when taking the old headlight tins off, and then put them back on the same way they were mounted before. It will work fine and all you need to do is trim the opening about 1.5" or so.

To do that measure the diameter of the nacelle once installed. Add a half inch all the way around and that is how large of a hole you need to have in your windshield. Strip the windshield of brackets and tape the opening with masking tape. Find the center of the existing hole both vertically and horizontally and mark the diameter of the new opening. Use a scrollsaw / jigsaw with a fine tooth blade to cut out the opening to the new size; go slowly, take your time and it will be fine. Trial fit it and trim as needed to fit. Once you have the hole cut to size, get some 220 grit sandpaper and sand the cut edge. Get some finer grit (440 to 600+) and sand it to a smooth finish including the inside and outside surfaces. Finally, get some plexiglass windshield polish and buff it out before putting it back together.

It should work fine... it did for me.

Attached Thumbnails Will standard king size winsheild fit with nacelle installed?-100_1189a.jpg  

Last edited by Yosemite; 02-06-2009 at 08:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Chris2fur (07-18-2019)