Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe or Heritage?

Old 02-07-2009, 09:12 AM
edje21
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe or Heritage?

Trying to decide whether to purchase a Deluxe or Heritage. Looking for Pros and Cons on both bikes

Old 02-07-2009, 09:15 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts
Default Heritage

For me the Heritage wins Hands Down .. Still Miss my 04 Heritage but needed a Tourer for the Longer trips 2 Up

Attached Thumbnails Deluxe or Heritage?-bonniesbest.jpg  
Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 AM
bbaz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rent each. It's worth it

I would rent each one for a day and see which one fits. I did that and went with my 07 Heritage. Good Luck...

Old 02-07-2009, 09:23 AM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Being how the Deluxe is a cross between the Heritage and Fat boy you will need to see how you wwant to ride,The Deluxe is a very nice Low center of gravity style bike, good for going the distance and very comfertable......The Heritage Is also a very nice bike for best of both worlds just like the Deluxe but has a higer center of gravity......Both bike can be set up to individual tastes very easyly....
Ride both and go from there...........

Last edited by ranger56528; 02-07-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

I like the Deluxe but don't know enough about the Heritage to recommend the Deluxe over the Heritage.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:29 AM
stratplexi
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,001 Likes on 515 Posts

I have owned both...an 03 Heritage and an 06 Deluxe. It really comes down to styling. They are esseantially the same bike other than trim.

Heritage:
Nice big bags
WInshield is stock
More comfortable seat
Different trim and bars

Deluxe:
Better looking passing lamps and rear turns
Better looking paint options

The Heritage is a better value and if you are going to do a lot of 2-up riding it makes more sense. To get decent bags on the Deluxe you have to change out the stock exhaust to something that is routed lower. The stock seat will kill your passenger on a trip and you need to buy the windshield and sissy bar. The stock seat is terrible for the rider too. It puts you too close to the tank.

Do you like the stud look? Personally, I just got bored and tired with the studs all over the Heritage. Of course, now that I don't own one, I really think they look good. Isn't that the way it always goes...lol. Anyway, like I said, they are essentially the same bike but to make the Deluxe comfortable you are going to be spending a lot of cash. I bought bags, had my seat reworked, bought a touring seat, windshield, apes, and a bunch of other items to make it fit me. I have since stop trying to make it a touring bike and bought an Ultra. I cam now converting the Deluxe to a solo bike.

I would test ride both bikes with your wife before deciding.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:32 AM
aggro_jo
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

deluxe. next question.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:46 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a Heritage, wife a Deluxe.

Deluxe sits about an inch lower than the Heritage so it's a natural for those under 5'7" or so. Since it sits lower it's also easier to take off stand.

Takes the bumps just a bit harder than the Heritage imo. Stock seat is also more comfortable but that can be remedied. Floorboards scrape easier than the Heritage in hard turns but not an issue unless you push the edge.

For the most part I'd say it comes down to the whether you like the looks of one over the other.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:09 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently own a deluxe and a rocker ...my last ride was an '02 heritage...sweet bike miss having it in the garage

Old 02-07-2009, 10:20 AM
JayDee5150
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a 04 Heritage and have ridden a Deluxe. Both bikes are great, I choose the heritage because there was no Deluxe back then!

If I was looking to buy a bike now I'd still go with the Heritage but it would be a very close call. The bags and windshield is what gets me there. You just get more bang for the buck with the Heritage IMHO.

I've posted a couple pics of my Heritage and friends Deluxes just so you can see how similar in design they are.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deluxe or Heritage?