Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sitting on Rocker with Heartland kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:56 PM
hdmurray
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sitting on Rocker with Heartland kit

Can someone please post pics of them sitting on a Rocker with the Heartland kit??? I've never seen one before with somebody sitting on a Rocker that has a Heartland kit installed. Would love to see how the modification looks with someone on it.
Thanks,
Doug

Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

excellent question. i'm dying to see that too

Old 02-09-2009, 03:04 PM
SniperCJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And while we're on the topic, does it lower the seat 3 inches like it looks like it would?? Or is the fender getting raised (putting a gap b/t t he tire and fender)? Or what?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:02 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it gets lowered...hardly any gap between fender and tire...in order for the heartland to look right you also lower your bike 2"...this is also recommended by hearland

Last edited by 57RebelRocker; 02-09-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:30 PM
dmp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tomhummer
it gets lowered...hardly any gap betwwen fender and tire...in order for the heartland to look right you also lower your bike 2"...this is also recommended by hearland
If you install the heartland kit on a stock bike there is a huge gap between the tire and fender because it raises it to give clearance for the suspension travel. I would imagine that if you lowered it the gap wouldn't be too bad I know this because a friend of mine has it on his bike, he also has an air ride set up for his lowering. he no longer has the heartland fender on his, he put the 09 SE springer fender on.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Here are a couple of pics that MartyF had sent to me last year before I did the kit.. He said he's only like 5' 7" or 5' 8"... Knowing that might give you a better idea of how low the bike actually is..

Old 02-09-2009, 05:36 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member

as i said heartland recommends you lower the rocker 2" to get the full conversion affect...if you don't lower it the fender looks like a dirt bike fender its so high up off the tire....of all the people i have heard of not one has not lowered their bike

Old 02-09-2009, 05:51 PM
dmp
Cruiser

as i said heartland recommends you lower the rocker 2" to get the full conversion affect...if you don't lower it the fender looks like a dirt bike fender its so high up off the tire....of all the people i have heard of not one has not lowered their bike
Originally Posted by SniperCJ
And while we're on the topic, does it lower the seat 3 inches like it looks like it would?? Or is the fender getting raised (putting a gap b/t t he tire and fender)? Or what?
it gets lowered...hardly any gap between fender and tire...in order for the heartland to look right you also lower your bike 2"...this is also recommended by hearland
Oh I agree about the lowering of the bike, your first reply stated that it got lowered not raised. didn't want there to be any confusion. the seat is roughly in the same place. fender goes up.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:59 PM
The Weight
Cruiser

Excellent question, thank you for posting this. Also, thanks for postiong the pictures as well. tomhummer your bike has the most tasteful mods ive ever seen, I also have a red rock, do you have any pics with you riding the bike? I want to not only see the ride height but the forward controls and the carlini bars with an auctual person on it. Thank you in advance. -Justin

Old 02-09-2009, 07:55 PM
09BlueRoadKing
Road Captain

Tom, that would be sweet if you could do it, I would like to see that also.

Quick Reply: Sitting on Rocker with Heartland kit