Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAS Simplified Air Suspension install Done!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:47 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAS Simplified Air Suspension install Done!

Well,
I finally finished my SAS install on my 2007 Night Train.....

I will keep it short because there have been plenty of write ups on this very topic. I ran into to some minor issues but maybe it is just me. I noticed that when I went to install this I could not reach the right side bolt. apparently on 07 models or 06 and up the swing arm is kind of notch on that side next to the bolt so there is no easy way to get any kind of socket or open end wrench on that bolt. so after hours of trying to turn it with my hand I darted off to sears for a 90 degree open wrench and that did the trick.

there is nothing more to say about the install other than I know a big issue with the SAS system is it blocking the drain plug for the trans, but in my service manual, my trans fluid has to be changed every 10,000 miles so I should not have to worry about it for a while. some people like to do there oil services early but I added synthetic in the trans so 10,000 is what it will be.
I will be changing my tins and seat soon so I set the hight for this setup for now.

I have some pics and videos, please forgive the inconsistencies with cameras. I have been trying out different cameras and HD video equipment and have not figured out what I will keep....

Here are some of the switches

slammed outside

here is one of the bike slammed

Here are some Videos of it in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyXQfIjN8Ls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00zz4ucWx3U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf3xaar58es

I want to thank allot of the guys here for helping with the decision proccess and a great community and welth of information....

Last edited by raaaaaa; 02-10-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:51 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks great. I hate to say it but I like those switches far better than the ones that came with my system. I can change my tranny oil without removing it though, which is a big plus. Once again, looks great.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

raaaaaa the bike looks great!!! Can you post some more shots? Which frame inserts are those one there? I havent been able to find em...

Old 02-10-2009, 12:09 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master

Originally Posted by anubisss
Looks great. I hate to say it but I like those switches far better than the ones that came with my system. I can change my tranny oil without removing it though, which is a big plus. Once again, looks great.
actually NO! switches come with the $1650 SAS system!!
can you believe that?
for $1600 bucks I should get some switches bitches, seriously they are a great bunch of guys down at SAS. every time I called with a retarded question they where more that willing to help.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:11 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master

Originally Posted by Scheers44
raaaaaa the bike looks great!!! Can you post some more shots? Which frame inserts are those one there? I havent been able to find em...
damm you want more pics? I thought these where in excess!!!
name the where and I will take a pic of it....
what frame insert are you talking about?

Old 02-10-2009, 12:12 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master

if by frame inserts you mean those orage thing that go between the jack and frame, I got those at harley, they are about $15 and worth every penny. it is an actual harley product

Old 02-10-2009, 05:00 AM
train913
Tourer

I think by "frame inserts" he means the black self-adhesive inserts near your pivot bolt

Old 02-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Like the way it works, pretty fast. How is the ride? I like the swtiches, looks awesome slammed.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:14 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Man you are not making it easy on people raaaaaa.... when I posted mine then you posted yours I see more people getting air suspensions. Tax money to coming.... yeah I see more posts in the near future.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Raaaaaa, can you video the other side so we can see what your pipes are doing? Looks awsome! Great job!

Quick Reply: SAS Simplified Air Suspension install Done!