Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

guys who have after market wheels on the Rocker

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default guys who have after market wheels on the Rocker

still having problems finding hubs for my front wheel. i was wondering, those of you who have aftermarket wheels on your rockers, did you have any problems finding a hub set for the front wheel?

i bought wheels from Arlen Ness (slayer 21x2.15), Arlen Ness gets their hub sets from Performance Machine and they seem to have a little bit of a miscommunication with the part numbers between each other because they keep sending me the wrong hub set clamming that it should work.

I think i'm going to call some companies and see if their hub sets will fit on my arlen ness wheels.

i know it's going to be a long shot but it's worth a try. what do you guys think?

Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Only person i know is you and i can not wait for pictures. Good luck with the hub issue, it suck but there is light in that tunnel......

Old 02-10-2009, 04:03 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

cancel your order w/ arlen mess and order
new wheels from someone else those guys have obviously
dropped the "hub"" you can get your wheels made by a shop
or get different ones,from your experience i wouldn't order
nothin from either 1 of those shamoes good luck mon

Old 02-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Windeed
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Alain, sorry to hear your still having problems. I used Rengade wheels and bought them through Hogpro. My tech had some issues installing the wheels too. The spacers were not the right size and therefore contacted the frame rather than the bearing. He solved the issue once he understood what was happening and I know Robert(Bob) at Hogpro was going to talk with him. Bob wanted to prevent this from happening to other Rocker owners that ordered wheels. Maybe you could give Bob a call, he may have some advice for you. They're good people. I was one of the first to order wheels for a Rocker through them a year ago.

Steve

Attached Thumbnails guys who have after market wheels on the Rocker-straighton001.jpg  
Old 02-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang dude, i been waiting on pictures. Good luck with this venture..

Old 02-10-2009, 10:29 PM
kylant
Road Captain

what is the big issue? isn't our axle 25mm, the same as the other new softails? should only be a spacing issue, trial and error with spacers. what is it with the hubs they can't get right?

Old 02-11-2009, 03:54 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by m i k e
cancel your order w/ arlen mess and order
new wheels from someone else those guys have obviously
dropped the "hub"" you can get your wheels made by a shop
or get different ones,from your experience i wouldn't order
nothin from either 1 of those shamoes good luck mon
i wish i could mikey, i already have the rear wheel installed on the bike (it looks so good too man), i've thought about sending everything back to them and just going with other wheels but for some reason I just can't bring myself to do it. im done dealing with arlen ness after this though.

Originally Posted by Windeed
Hey Alain, sorry to hear your still having problems. I used Rengade wheels and bought them through Hogpro. My tech had some issues installing the wheels too. The spacers were not the right size and therefore contacted the frame rather than the bearing. He solved the issue once he understood what was happening and I know Robert(Bob) at Hogpro was going to talk with him. Bob wanted to prevent this from happening to other Rocker owners that ordered wheels. Maybe you could give Bob a call, he may have some advice for you. They're good people. I was one of the first to order wheels for a Rocker through them a year ago.

Steve
hey brother, i actually spoke to one of the guys at Hogpro, the guy was super nice. He asked me to take some measurements of my wheel (thickness of the web, size of the holes and bolt patterns for the hubs). i'm gonna call him later on today and see if any of their hubs will work on my wheel.

Originally Posted by kylant
what is the big issue? isn't our axle 25mm, the same as the other new softails? should only be a spacing issue, trial and error with spacers. what is it with the hubs they can't get right?
i'm on the same boat as you bro. i can't, for the life of me, figure out what's so hard about having hubs for a bike that has been on the market for more then a year now. the problem is not with the axle, the hubs i keep getting are too wide (they don't fit in between the forks once they are mounted on the wheel).

hopefully the guys at Hogpro will have some help for me today.

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FELLERS.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:20 AM
kylant
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Alain
i'm on the same boat as you bro. i can't, for the life of me, figure out what's so hard about having hubs for a bike that has been on the market for more then a year now. the problem is not with the axle, the hubs i keep getting are too wide (they don't fit in between the forks once they are mounted on the wheel).

hopefully the guys at Hogpro will have some help for me today.

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FELLERS.

ah, i see. sounds like they are sending you hubs designed for wide glide forks, i hope you get it worked out soon. good luck

Old 02-11-2009, 08:32 PM
The Weight
Cruiser

theres a blue rocker on here that has wire wheels with the "wheel" itself colormatched to the rocker... It is definately a ballsey move but I think it turned out pretty good its in the photo gallery if you want to see it.. To: whoever did it it was well done and thanks for being different. Hats off. Later..

Old 02-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by The Weight
theres a blue rocker on here that has wire wheels with the "wheel" itself colormatched to the rocker... It is definately a ballsey move but I think it turned out pretty good its in the photo gallery if you want to see it.. To: whoever did it it was well done and thanks for being different. Hats off. Later..
yah, i saw that rock too. it's really nice i'm just not a spoke wheel guy.

chrome and billet is what get me going. i just need to be patient (something that im not good at). it'll be worth it once i get this thing figured out.

Quick Reply: guys who have after market wheels on the Rocker