Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   quick release saddlebag brkts (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/325607-quick-release-saddlebag-brkts.html)

valkal 03-11-2009 08:18 AM

quick release saddlebag brkts

looking for opinions on quick release saddlebag brackets for my 04 Heritage, have heard good things about Bubba's but easy bracket and ghost brackets are less expensive. Anyone had experience with any of them??

GymRat523 03-11-2009 08:35 AM

I had ghost brackets on my Sporty and they are very goog quality and only leave a chrome knob when the bags are off. Only complaint is they kick the bags out about an extra inch over perm mount. If Bubba's are the same I would go with the cheaper ones, I hear the easy brackets are the same as ghost brackets.

XARAN 03-11-2009 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bubbas will mount your bags the closest to your struts, but they fit better with factory bags also Bubbas will have the lower support for your bags. EZ Brackets are less expensive and easy to install. On and off in under a minute, down side is they position the bags about 1" away from the struts.

I went with EZ Brackets and am satisified with them.

StinkyPete 03-11-2009 09:58 AM

I got the barebacks detachable mounts out of the fatbook. They work great. Again, on and off in about 1 min.

softail04 03-11-2009 10:10 AM

easy and ghost brackets the same thing
I use them and they are the best IMHO...

snowmass 03-11-2009 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I remember reading in the Easy Bracket ads that they consider Ghost brackets to be a cheap knock-off (thinner metal, etc.) of their original. I've also heard that the Ghost brackets slant the bottom of the bags out more than Easys, maybe an inch or so. I bought the hype and got Easy Brackets. They are very strong, good hardware and locks, and hold the bags out at a barely noticeable angle. I'd get them again. Somebody who has owned the Ghosts would know if the negative ads about them are true; I wouldn't.

hotshoe 03-11-2009 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by valkal (Post 4687659)
looking for opinions on quick release saddlebag brackets for my 04 Heritage, have heard good things about Bubba's but easy bracket and ghost brackets are less expensive. Anyone had experience with any of them??

I'm using Easy Brackets and well satisfied. They were easy to install and are on and off quickly.

Silver Fox 03-11-2009 08:09 PM

I went with Easy Brackets, and am happy with them.

throttlejunkie 03-12-2009 02:11 PM

Hi,
The Easy brackets and the now Edge brackets are similar. Both are easy to use and both work well. It's just a matter of choice. I have the Edge brackets on my bike and love them.
good luck
Dave

MISFIT456 03-12-2009 03:48 PM

Easy Brackets for my Fatty as well. Plus the customer service was very good when I originally received wrong brackets. My .02