Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mod to the Stock Deluxe Seat

Old 07-02-2006, 12:14 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mod to the Stock Deluxe Seat

I've been determined to salvage the stock Deluxe seat. I like the look and I want to remain solo. Took my seat to a local upholster yesterday. He shaved about 2 inches off the back. He did a good job. Looks just like original with no major air pocket. Went for a 2 hour ride last evening. I'm not totally convinced this is the answer but it's noticably better. Less pain to my tail bone. Perhaps I'm expecting too much from a 49-year-old with previous lower back surgury. I'll give it a month ot so like this and see how the seat works out. Maybe I'll have to give-in and get a Mustang seat.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Mod to the Stock Deluxe Seat

I too had my uphostry shop shave the seat. It made a great improvement. I am thinking that this winter I'll take it a little further yet & adda gel pad.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:29 AM
cjgrog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent my Deluxe stock seat out to a place called Americana Soft Seats. Website is http://www.americanasoftseats.com/
For $129 he shaved the seat and installed a gel pad with memory foam on top of that. Great addition in comfort and lets me sit a bit further back in the seat.

CJ

Old 07-04-2006, 03:44 AM
Bluerose

I agree with the fact that having it modified is not perfect...but definatrly better then it was
I still get a bit of tailbone pain after about 4 or 5 hours.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:30 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I plan on having the original seat thinned down in the nose area to narrow it for the wife. Also going to add some padding in the seat to bring her forward (short legs) I love the look of the original, but I need to match the feel of the reach seat or she will never put the seat back on. Reach is 2 inches narrower in the front, and pushes the rider forward an inch or so. also alot deeper bucket so she gets a little lower back support. Hopefully, I can get the origianl seat modified to a point where its close to the fitment of the reach seat for her. Other problem with the reach seat, is the attached rear pillion. its nearly 12 inches wide. I did remove the rear passenger pegs from the bike, as I know she will never have anyone on the back, and this cleans up the look as there are now no pegs flipped up and covering the pipes..

Old 07-04-2006, 11:34 AM
VetteSiNz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought an extra OEM seat for my Deluxe to have it shave. I bought a Corbin close solo but I like the OEM look. Hopefully I can get the new OEM seat redone within the next few weeks. I myself is 5'4" and needs all the reach I can get.

Old 07-11-2006, 06:49 PM
u_neek24
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to ditch that stock seat. I'm a tall boy, 6'3"....so I had to buy the Harley "tallboy" seat. It raises me up 2" and back about 2". Some might say that's not a whole lot. I disagree. Those 2" make a world of difference when I can walk and feel my legs after a 4 hour ride.

ORIGINAL: VetteSiNz

I bought an extra OEM seat for my Deluxe to have it shave. I bought a Corbin close solo but I like the OEM look. Hopefully I can get the new OEM seat redone within the next few weeks. I myself is 5'4" and needs all the reach I can get.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:05 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just installed the Mustang Vintage Wide Solo seat. Gonna take it for a test ride now. I'll try to post some pixs.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:05 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Had mine reworked----mine is good. I'm 5'11"

Old 07-14-2006, 05:41 AM
jtfrog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you have it shaved what exactly are you having done?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mod to the Stock Deluxe Seat