Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas milage on the Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Bluerose
Default Gas milage on the Deluxe

I've been averaging about 40 mpg. I thought I heard it will get better then that.
I figure there could be a few reasons:

1. Just hit my 1000 miles so I'm not even broken in yet.

2. I suck at shifting??? Don't think that's the case...but then maybe
I am run a few RPMs to long before a shift (I have no tach)

3. The windshield is my down fall.

I thought I would see what you all are getting any thoughts you might have.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Fatbernie
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas milage on the Deluxe

Almost 50 on my Fatty. 2600 miles, stage 1 with Rhineharts softail flush pipes.
BA

Old 07-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Bluerose

Good point FatBernie -- I have Stage 1 and just installed Samson True duals (mpg is about the same with the pipes as it was before.)

Old 07-10-2006, 09:05 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

It depends on whether I'm going back and forth to work and all the errands I have to do at work vs. Highway milieage. I'm at about 45 mpg. My problem is that I think I'm still on a Suzuki GSXR. I have Stage 1, PC, and V&H BS Staggered. I guess it depends on all of the above. Plus, I'm still into the habit of downshifting each and every gear and allowing the engine to slow the bike. One of those crotch rocket things I guess. But Rose---it's cheaper than my $60 tank on my truck

Old 07-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Bluerose

Guess it could be that I just don't do a heck of alot of free way driving....think I might have gotten 45 or so last time I went out to my parents house.

I do the down shifting too...

Old 07-10-2006, 10:34 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 145 Posts

I have the 05 Deluxe w/ Stage 1, K&N filter, SE Dbl Brl pipes w/ Thundermonster baffles. I do a lot of country riding, but some city. Sometimes w/ passenger. I have a windshield, and I do the downshift thing as well. I get between 46-49; low end if passenger and mixed riding, high end if mostly country. I bet your mileage will improve; mine did. Enjoy!

Ted

Old 07-10-2006, 11:25 PM
atomic
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I knew. I have the stupid six shooter gas cap and gas guage and it is always telling me I am empty and then I find out I am nowhere near empty. So I am always so angry after finding out I only could get 2 gallons in the tank that I forget to compute my miles per gallon.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: atomic

I wish I knew. I have the stupid six shooter gas cap and gas guage and it is always telling me I am empty and then I find out I am nowhere near empty. So I am always so angry after finding out I only could get 2 gallons in the tank that I forget to compute my miles per gallon.
Your too funny....The dealer actually told me not to trust the gas light.
I always use trip meter A for gas and B for total trip.
Didn't even realize when I hit 1k because I wasn't watching the regular milage.

Dealer told me to figure 35 miles to the gallon for the first 500 miles. So I figured to get gas at 150 light or not. This time I let it go to 160 and had about 1 gallon left the gas light came on as it should have (though I have have had it come on once with 2 gallons left).

Funny thing is that hubbies VTX gets crappy gas milage....so I always stop with him (his light comes on at about 130)

Old 07-11-2006, 01:56 AM
jtfrog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My gas light comes on around 160mi so i don't usually go anymore than 40mi more. I have 5900miles on the bike.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:44 AM
RetroHarley
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too use the trip meter for gas level, but I use B for gas, must be a gender thing.

I have been fueling at 200 miles and can only get 4 gallons in the tank, so I guess I'm averaging 50 mpg.

But after a little city driving this week, I put 4.35 gallons in, so that averages out to 45.9 MPG.

V&H Longshots
Stage 1
K&N Filter

Quick Reply: Gas milage on the Deluxe